This is truly an extraordinary time to join the Lehigh Valley Health Network. LVHN is one of the nation's most advanced health networks, offering comprehensive care in 95 clinical specialties. We are the region’s largest employer and the health care provider of choice for more people in the region. Love Where You Work!
- The Ophthalmology Division consists of LVPG Ophthalmology, a subsidiary of LVHN, as well as community ophthalmologists. LVPG Ophthalmology currently has a cornea specialist, retina specialist, 2 general ophthalmologists and 2 optometrists. The community Ophthalmologists consist of cornea, glaucoma, pediatric and retina specialists in addition to general ophthalmologists.
- Operate at Reilly Children’s Surgery Center
- Minimally invasive technology / Adding equipment for Ophthalmology
- 4 operating rooms / 2 procedure rooms (1 dedicated for endoscopy)
- 16 private pre/post-operative rooms
- 9 bay post-anesthesia care unit
- A network champion for Ophthalmology and a passion for the clinical work
- Fellowship trained pediatric ophthalmologist
- Must be Board Eligible or Board Certified
- A valid PA Medical License or ability to obtain one is required
Benefits & Perks:
- Attractive Work Schedule
- Highly Competitive compensation with a superb benefits package
- Low-cost health insurance for employees and their families
- Generous CME allowance and time
- Top-tier retirement program
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Relocation Assistance
The Children’s Hospital is the only pediatric hospital and level 2 pediatric trauma center in the region with a catchment area of over 2.5 million people. It includes a Children’s Surgical Center with 4 OR’s and 2 procedure rooms.
An academic appointment is available through the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine, our partner in medical education. Education and training of medical students and residents is an important part of our mission. Lehigh Valley Health Network has 17 ACGME fellowship and residency training programs, including General Surgery and Pediatrics. An opportunity to explore clinical research is available and will be supported.
The Lehigh Valley is one of the fastest growing areas in the country, located in the heart of eastern Pennsylvania; 60 miles from Philadelphia and 80 miles from New York City. The area has outstanding public and private school systems, several Colleges and Universities, and an abundance of cultural and recreational offerings including minor league baseball, soccer, and hockey.