As partner of the Optum network, WellMed Medical Group (WMG) is seeking Primary Care physicians to join our Home & Supportive Care department in the Tampa area.
We are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life s best work.(sm)
WellMed s Home & Supportive Care program provides care to our patients who are unable to make it into our clinics for treatment.
In this salaried role, you will have the capability to treat patients with quality tools and high-tech advancements outside of clinic walls; draw blood, place IV and even Xray in the comfort of the patient s home.
- WellMed is a Medicare Advantage Plan that operates as a health system focused on Quality/Value Based Outcomes
- Our model is designed to provide a comprehensive, coordinated model of care to a predominantly Medicare-aged population
- Schedule is Monday - Friday 8-5, No weekends
- Daily volume is limited to allow our providers the time needed to provide quality care to their patients
- Our traveling Home Health Physicians are scheduled to visit about 5 homes per day.
- Primarily manage care in the patient s home; however, care may require an office or other facility setting depending on the needs of the patient.
- Facilitate patient and family decision making regarding treatment decisions and end of life care and serious illness discussions.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of heath care providers
- Annual Quality Bonus, paid twice a year
- Physician Mentorship Pathway for Growth and Development
- Paid Time Off + clinics are closed for 8 national holidays
- CME Allowance with additional PTO days
- Allowance for Professional Expense Fund
- 401k with match, Executive Savings Plan, and UHG Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Comprehensive Benefits from Optum Partner Services
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency is a Plus
- Board Certification or Eligibility (BC/BE) in Family Practice or Internal Medicine
- Working understanding and support of a managed care environment
- Active Texas state medical license, or the ability to obtain
WellMed is a network of doctors, specialists and other medical professionals that specialize in providing care for 550,000+ older adults with over 16,000 doctors offices in Texas and Florida.
We empower patients to live healthier through the support of an entire medical team that works together to provide the best care possible. Specialists include cardiology, podiatry, dermatology, rheumatology, neurology, palliative care, wound care, hospital medicine and more.
At Optum, we ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving almost 20 million people through more than 58,000 aligned physicians and advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more about our journey at workatoptum.com/provider.
Would you thrive with Optum?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
For more information, please visit www.joinwellmed.com or contact Laura Collinsworth at Laura_Collinsworth@optum.com.