Washington Permanente Medical Group (WPMG) is a clinician-led, self-governed and independent multi-specialty group practice, providing care to the more than 700,000 Kaiser Permanente patients in Washington state. We work unencumbered by traditional health care obstacles and without silos; prioritizing people over profits, collaboration over ego, and driven by a singular goal: our patients' health. At WPMG, we take care of the whole person, with a team to address the fundamental, social, and emotional needs that contribute to total health. We are clinicians motivated by the desire to make a purposeful difference in the communities we serve, and in how health care is delivered.
Kaiser Permanente-Washington Permanente Medical Group is seeking a full-time ( .8 FTE) Urgent Care Physician to join our Float Pool south region that includes; Tacoma, Silverdale, and Olympia Medical Center, Washington.
The Physician - Emergency Medicine, Urgent Care at Washington Permanente Medical Group ("WPMG") partners with WPMG physician colleagues in urgent and emergent care throughout the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington ("KFHPWA") delivery system to provide great patient care. This position provides urgent and emergent diagnostic, preventative, and therapeutic health services to patients in a 24x7x365 ambulatory setting with advanced capabilities to see higher acuity cases than typically seen in a traditional urgent care. This position will provide care at multiple locations within defined "service zones" to ensure appropriate access to care is maintained, as directed by Service Line leadership.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Expected to be available to work all shifts including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays to meet the business needs of the department.
* Expected to have flexibility to work at multiple locations
* Demonstrates consistent and reliable diagnostic and therapeutic judgment.
* Supports clinical initiatives.
* Maintains proficiency in field by attending courses and continued training.
* Actively works to continually learn and apply new skills.
* Complies with all state and federal regulations, in addition practices in accordance with WPMG/KFHPWA approved procedures, guidelines and protocols.
* Complies with rules and regulations of the hospital pertaining to Medical Records, codes/emergencies/disasters, professional and ethical standards.
* Demonstrates flexibility and ability to work effectively and as a team member.
* Ability to quickly adapt to new team members and norms.
* Regularly attends and participates in team meetings.
* Partners with team to develop protocols.
* Supports goals of the department.
* Communicates effectively with patients, clinicians, families, nursing, and all levels of clinical staff.
* Participates in problem solving of consumer complaints.
* Actively participates in initiatives to increase patient access.
* Partners with patient in management of care.
* Demonstrates that patients come first.
* Ensures all pertinent patient care information is documented in the patient medical record in accordance with current standards and uses technology to manage the clinical practice.
* Promotes the use and understanding of evidence-based clinical guidelines to provide high-quality primary care.
* Evaluates procedural requests and reviews medical records to ensure appropriate plan of care is developed.
* Develops, implements, reviews and maintains associated informed consent orders and instructions.
* Seeks and offers appropriate and timely consultations consistent with protocols.
* Orders medication within prescriptive authority and promotes the use of the KFHPWA formulary.
* Demonstrates knowledge of and participates in WPMG business initiatives.
* Orders lab, pharmacy, radiology, and special tests appropriately.
* Actively promotes WPMG/KFHPWA as the best place to practice and receive care within the communicates we serve.
* Translates and communicate WPMG Vision, Mission, and performance to staff; ensuring appropriate recognition for successes and excellence in performance with team members.
* Effectively uses daily management system/LEAN tools.
* Other Duties as Assigned.
Medical Degree (MD or DO)
Approved Emergency Medicine Residency Program completion
Current ABEM certification or Board Eligible (BC/BE)
Current Washington State license
Current Federally issued DEA license
Experience in Emergency Department setting
2 years of experience
Maintain 0.3 clinical FTE count within the Urgent Care department (patient facing care on site)
As a condition of employment, all clinicians and employees are required to verify COVID-19 vaccination status. As part of the pre-boarding process and before starting work, you will be required to verify your vaccination status, and will be provided an opportunity to apply for an accommodation based on a religious or medical reason, if needed.
Compensation and Benefits
The entire salary range for this position is $342,760.00 to $403,247.00 and will be prorated based on FTE. Placement of new hires will be in the range of $342,760.00 to $383,085.00 based on factors such as education, training or experience.
Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, basic life, and disability insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company's 401k plan, receive employer contributions to the 401(k) plan, and enroll in our cash balance pension plan. Employees will also receive four weeks of paid vacation leave every year and eight paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and will receive continuing medical education leave and funding.
The South Region is an outdoor lovers dream. REI was formed in Kent and every city in this region is in close proximity to breathtaking hikes and beautiful vistas. This region provides big city amenities in cities like Tacoma and Olympia, with lots of smaller communities as well, depending on your preference.
We are dedicated to building lifetime relationships with peers and patients in Washington State's richly diverse communities. Many know the Pacific Northwest as an attractive tourist destination with beautiful scenery, friendly people, and a host of cultural and recreational opportunities. These elements, and others, make Washington an excellent place to live.
Equity, Inclusion and Diversity
In our local communities and across the nation, Kaiser Permanente sets the standard for respectful care. With multicultural staff, equity, inclusion and diversity councils, medical interpretation resources, outreach efforts, educational programs and more, Kaiser Permanente puts people first in our medical centers and beyond.
As part of Kaiser Permanente, Washington Permanente Medical Group (WPMG) seeks to create equity in our communities, eliminate health disparities...