Trinity Health Grand Haven, on behalf of Hospice of North Ottawa Community, is seeking a full-time physician to serve as Medical Director for the Hospice program located in Grand Haven, Michigan.
The Hospice Medical Director will:
- Be responsible for the overall medical direction of patient and family services.
- Will work with the Executive Director, Director of Clinical Services and Hospice Supervisors to plan and evaluate clinical services.
- Serve on the Executive Team at the program level.
- Support Provider Relations activities and provide input to the CPI Committee.
- Assume a leadership role on the QAPI Committee.
Essential functions include:
- Oversee and continually evaluate the quality of medical services hospice patients receive.
- Periodically review all policies and procedures relating to the provisions of medical services and participates in creating new policies and procedures when needed.
- Create and maintain a network of physicians to serve the needs of hospice patients. Assure that staffing is available for making patient visits, assessments, and certification determinations.
- Responsible for 24-hour availability on-call for patient needs.
- Support Provider Relations activities by mentoring physicians and participating in education and promotion of hospice services to community physicians and hospitals.
- Review the active medical and/or palliative care provided in the home or inpatient setting.
- Act as a consultant to the patient's physician and other members of the hospice team. Act as the liaison between the patient s attending physician and the Interdisciplinary team and helps resolve conflicting care situations.
- Determine the appropriate level of care for hospice admission in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team and the attending physician.
- Attend in person and actively participate in Interdisciplinary Team meetings weekly to discuss patient's plan of care and provide education to the Interdisciplinary Team members according to Medicare guidelines.
- Maintain a regular schedule of participation in all components of the hospice care program to which assigned. Assure 24/7 availability of physician coverage for routine and emergency situations.
- Assume direct medical care of patients or assign a physician to those patients. Encourage the referring physician s participation in the continued care of the patient and in the development of the plan of care.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- A physician (Medicine doctor, M.D. or Doctor of Osteopathy, D.O) licensed to practice in Michigan.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle required; must possess a valid driver s license and have access to a functional automobile during work hours.
- Demonstrate ability to assess, plan, evaluate and analyze nursing aspects of patient/family care and work in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated experience/ability to lead people centered care to patients and families including the psychosocial, spiritual, and multicultural domains of care.
- Demonstrated competence in verbal, written, and word processing communication.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, meet scheduling targets, and function in an autonomous manner.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right physician to lead Hospice of North Ottawa Community.
A comprehensive compensation and benefits package is being offered for the right candidate including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid Time Off
- Short- and long-term disability
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Hospice of North Ottawa Community helps patients and families focus on the quality of life. Our highly regarded Hospice team cares for patients in their own homes, in local nursing homes, the hospital, and our Hospice Residence at Heartwood Lodge, helping ease their pain so they can embrace life and live every day to its fullest.
Trinity Health Grand Haven, formerly North Ottawa Community Hospital, is an 81-bed acute care hospital located in Grand Haven, Michigan, serving northwest Ottawa County and the surrounding communities in southern Muskegon County. We provide compassionate care, award-winning expertise, and the latest technology, all in an inclusive setting that honors the sacredness and dignity of every person.
Grand Haven, Michigan is nestled in wooded dunes and surrounded by the waters of Lake Michigan, Spring Lake, and the Grand River. Grand Haven is a year round destination and is home to its iconic lighthouses & pier, the world s largest musical fountain of its kind, a large variety of locally owned shops and eateries, and festivals all year long. Grand Haven has been designated as Coast Guard City USA due to its long history with the US Coast Guard and celebrates every year with the Grand Haven Coast Guard Festival one of the largest annual festivals in the state of Michigan.
While it is known as a small, quintessential all-American beach town you ll soon find that your Grand Haven To-Do List will be anything but small.
For more information on Grand Haven, visit https://visitgrandhaven.com/
Muskegon County, Michigan offers a taste for every season. Summer's warm weather creates the perfect backdrop of blue skies and bright sunshine, ideal for spending time on the beach. Winter's crisp, clean air and deep snows offer powder-perfect snowboarding, sledding, skating, and skiing. The vivid Spring greenery and spectacular Autumn colors, complimented by mild temperatures, enhance the ideal arena for biking, fishing, and golfing. In addition to the lush outdoor treasures, festivals, live theatre and musical entertainment, vibrant history and rich culinary experiences give a whole new reason to Experience the Lake Effect!
Located at the heart of the beautiful Lake Michigan shoreline, Muskegon County is just a short drive, flight, bus, or ferry ride from cities like Detroit, Milwaukee, and Chicago.
For more information on Muskegon, visit www.visitmuskegon.org.
ABOUT TRINITY HEALTH
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. We serve people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with more than 90 hospitals and 100 continuing care facilities including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities and programs that provide nearly two and a half million visits annually. Trinity Health employs more than 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800 employed physicians and clinicians.
Our mission: We, Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities. We support this mission by living our core values of Reverence, Commitment to Those Who are Poor, Justice, Stewardship, and Integrity. Committed to recruiting talented physicians, we are looking for physicians who share our values and want to help us fulfill the health care needs of the communities we serve.