Rochester Regional Health, located in Rochester, New York is seeking a Surgical Pathologist at Unity Hospital. Candidates must be Board Eligible or Certified (preferred) in Anatomic Pathology or Anatomic & Clinical Pathology (preferred). Fellowship training is preferred, including (but not limited to) oncologic pathology or another surgical pathology subspecialty.
- Join a multispecialty group of twenty-seven experienced Rochester Regional Health (RRH) Rochester-based pathologists supporting anatomic and clinical pathology services for a nine-hospital comprehensive healthcare system
- Work with colleagues committed to diagnostic ecellence, teamwork and clinical collaboration, diagnosing a challenging variety of surgical and cytology cases across a wide range of surgical subspecialties, including 70,000 surgical pathology cases/year
- Collaborate with Lipson Cancer Institute Hematology-Oncology colleagues, caring for patients across western Upstate New York and in the North Country (St. Lawrence County), supporting a regional Academic Comprehensive Cancer Program, accredited by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer, a growing Acute Leukemia & Stem Cell Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program and the Mary M Gooley Hemophilia Center
- Participate in shared laboratory directorship responsibilities for a network of regional acute care laboratories
- Share in the education of fellows, residents and medical students as well as opportunities to serve as an Instructor in the RGH Clinical Laboratory Technology Program, the 2nd oldest NAACLS accredited medical technologist training program in the United States
Rochester Regional Health is an integrated health services organization providing care from 150 locations, including nine hospitals; over 100 primary and specialty practices, and ambulatory campuses; wide range of behavioral health services; and ACM Medical Laboratory, a global leader in patient and clinical trials.
Rochester was ranked the 3rd best place to live in New York and as the 26th best place to live among the 150 most populous metro areas in the United States. The area features excellent public and private schools, and offers an affordable cost of living with a variety of housing options. As the third-largest city in New York State, Rochester offers diverse cultural including the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra, GeVa Theater Center, Rochester International Jazz Festival, as well as easy access to Manhattan, Boston, Washington, DC and Philadelphia. The area also offers recreational opportunities year-round with the Finger Lakes, the Adirondacks, and surrounding ski-resorts and state parks. Greater Rochester also boasts a thriving food, brewery, and winery culture, exceptional college and universities and is one of the top golf destinations in America.