SSM Health - Illinois
is seeking a Medical Director of their regional Hospitalist program. Successful candidates will join an established team and the staff at SSM Health - Good Samaritan Hospital in Mt. Vernon with duties also at SSM Health - St. Mary's Hospital - Centralia.
This position is a full-time position with 50% of their working time spent on administrative duties and 50% of their time on clinical duties. Days and hours per week to be determined.
The program teams run on blocks from Tuesday thru Monday. This position will be responsible for oversight and work at both Good Sam and St. Mary's Hospitals on a rotational basis.
Highlights of the opportunity are:
- Practice at a brand-new state of the art facility
- Facility is a not-for-profit Catholic institution affiliated with SSM Health
- Employed position with the hospital
- Salary PLUS Quality Incentives
- Physician focused administration
- 250,000 population service area covering 9 counties
- $5,000 CME Allowance
- Student Loan Payment Availability
- Excellent Benefits - medical, dental, vision + more!
Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
A minimum of 3-5 years of clinical practice experience as a Hospitalist
Master's Degree in Business or Health Care field preferred
- Provide direct patient care in the hospitalist program, by working as a hospitalist part time at one of the defined facilities
- A successful track record in building collaborative teams through inclusiveness
- Experienced in physician recruitment and retention.
- Commitment to continuous improvement with clear communication as to deliverables, timing and expectations
- Comfort in using multiple computer systems and programs for reporting measurements, enabling transparent communication and enforcing standards.
- For program continuity, and possible staffing shortages, Director must have privileges at all locations Hospitalist Programs are providing services.
Physician - State of Work Location