The Penn State Health Department of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery is currently expanding our pediatric otolaryngology group. We offer a busy academic practice with a wide range of complex cases and opportunities for any pediatric otolaryngology sub-section interest. A multi-disciplinary airway clinic is currently in practice, and there is an excellent opportunity for a qualified candidate to build a complex open and endoscopic airway practice. Additionally, we have a need for surgeons interested in the surgical management of pediatric hearing loss and chronic ear disease. Our Department is very open to our surgeons developing clinical niches and will help develop a practice they will find fulfilling.
Penn State Health Children's Hospital is Central Pennsylvania's sole tertiary care pediatric center for infants and children, serving a population of approximately 2-2.5 million infants, children, and adolescents. The Children's Hospital is an approximately 263,000 square-foot, 8 story hospital with 146 licensed pediatric beds; it offers the highest level of care with a 56-bed Level IV NICU and 36-bed PICU and an on-campus outpatient surgery center with more than 150,000 pediatric outpatient visits and approximately 5,000 pediatric patient discharges annually. It has been recognized for 12 consecutive years among the best children's hospitals in multiple specialties and named a Level 1 Children's Surgery Center by the American College of Surgeons Children's Surgery Verification Program.
- MD, DO, or equivalent foreign degree.
- BC/BE in Otolaryngology with completion of a Pediatric Otolaryngology fellowship.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in an academic healthcare environment
- Ability to obtain a medical license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Excellent public schools with many rankings in the top 20% in the state.
- Central PA offers vibrant urban areas surrounded by small-town rural/suburban communities, which afford exceptional cultural opportunities and outdoor activities.
- We are located in Hershey, PA, with proximity to New York City, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Baltimore.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.