Prisma Health, the largest not-for-profit healthcare provider in South Carolina, seeking a hospitalist or academic general pediatrician who demonstrates commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion with experience in fostering an inclusive environment, engaging in ongoing professional development, and working as part of a learning community with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
- Members of the academic pediatrics division cover outpatient clinics, the level one nursery, and the inpatient ward at the tertiary care center.
- Coverage needs in all clinical three areas and welcome applicants with diverse clinical Interests or those that have expertise in a single area such as hospital medicine or outpatient general pediatrics.
- Schedule will vary based on interests but will include 1:4 weekend coverage as well as in-home call.
- Duties include supervision of pediatric and family medicine residents and medical students in each of the clinical areas.
- Medical education is one of the most important missions of the group. Interested applicants must value teaching and quality improvement. An interest in clinical/outcomes research is a plus.
- Our physicians are faculty of the USC School of Medicine Greenville which is directly adjacent to the hospital. Clinical faculty members can participate in many activities related to the medical school.
- Competitive salary
- Paid relocation and malpractice with tail coverage
- Professional allowance
- Generous benefits including retirement, health, dental and vision coverage
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer
- Epic EMR
The Children s Hospital is the tertiary referral center for the children of the upstate of SC with 60 inpatient pediatric beds including a dedicated hematology oncology unit, 12 PICU beds and 80 NICU beds. Most pediatric medical and surgical subspecialties are represented. Prisma Health Upstate welcomes ~6000 newborns per year.
With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,984 beds and more than 300 physician practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually. Its goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals. For more information, visit PrismaHealth.org.
Greenville, South Carolina is a beautiful place to live and work and the catchment area is 1.3 million people. Greenville is located on the I-85 corridor between Atlanta and Charlotte and is one of the fastest growing areas in the country. Ideally situated near beautiful mountains, beaches and lakes, we enjoy a diverse and thriving economy, excellent quality of life, and wonderful cultural and educational opportunities.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and CV to: Lexy Doane, Physician Recruiter,