Prisma Health Medical Group-Midlands Department of Pediatrics in Columbia, SC, is seeking an BC/BE Pediatric Critical Care Medicine physician for our Division of Critical Care.
- Our Pediatric Critical Care Medicine group attends the 16 bed PICU with over 900 admissions per year and a sedation service providing moderate and deep sedation to over 2600 patients per year.
- The division is comprised of six Pediatric Intensivists.
- The PICU always has pediatric and emergency medicine resident coverage.
- All PCCM attendings have academic appointments with USC - School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics and are closely involved in medical student and resident education.
- Competitive salary
- Paid relocation and malpractice with tail coverage
- Professional expense allowance
- Generous benefits including retirement, health, dental and vision coverage.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer
- EPIC EMR
The Department of Pediatrics has a record of academic achievement, financial success, and high faculty morale. The Department which includes 18 subspecialty divisions along with our freestanding Children s Hospital presently provides 151,000 patient encounters annually with 7,500 admissions and over 35,000 pediatric emergency room visits. The Pediatrics Department has been recognized as the best teaching Department for 28 out of the last 31 years. Opportunities in quality improvement, research, and clinical trials exist locally within the Department and systemwide with our sister Children s Hospital in Greenville through our Pediatric Service Line.
With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,984 beds and more than 300 physician practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually. Its goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals. For more information, visit PrismaHealth.org.
Columbia is home to the state s flagship university and offers a wide range of cultural and recreational opportunities.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and CV to: Lexy Doane, Physician Recruiter, Lexy.Doane@prismahealth.org