Prisma Health Medical Group-Midlands (Columbia) and the University of South Carolina, Department of Pediatrics are seeking a pediatric nephrologist. The qualified candidate will be BE/BC in Pediatric Nephrology and responsibilities will include teaching residents and medical students as a faculty member of USC School of Medicine. Opportunities for clinical research are vigorously supported as well.
- The division is comprised of two full-time pediatric nephrologists with ancillary health supports in nutrition and social work.
- Works closely with local area pediatric transplant programs to provide ongoing pre-op and post-op care for transplant recipients.
- The division has a thriving clinical program with a wide range of pathology and provides acute and chronic dialysis services.
- All subspecialists admit their patients directly to the hospitalist service and serve as consultants in care.
- Busy hypertension program provides ambulatory blood pressure monitoring and office based renal ultrasounds with support for training provided.
- Competitive salary
- Paid relocation and malpractice with tail coverage
- Professional expense allowance
- Generous benefits including retirement, health, dental and vision coverage.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer
- EPIC EMR
The Department of Pediatrics has a record of academic achievement, financial success, and high faculty morale. The Department which includes 18 subspecialty divisions along with our freestanding Children s Hospital presently provides 151,000 patient encounters annually with 7,500 admissions and over 35,000 pediatric emergency room visits. The Pediatrics Department has been recognized as the best teaching Department for 28 out of the last 31 years.
With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,984 beds and more than 300 physician practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually. For more information, visit PrismaHealth.org.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and CV to: Lexy Doane, Physician Recruiter, Lexy.Doane@prismahealth.org