Prisma Health, the largest not-for-profit healthcare provider in South Carolina, seeks a BC/BE Pediatric Endocrinologist to join our growing team. Responsibilities include teaching residents and medical students as a faculty member of the University of South Carolina School of Medicine at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. Candidates with appropriate experience will be considered for the Division Director position.
- Join a collaborative team of three Pediatric Endocrinologists and one Advanced Practitioner working in a collaborative manner with general pediatrics and other pediatric subspecialties.
- Enjoy support from diabetes educators, registered dieticians and an array of social work and other support services including a Medical Legal Partnership to address socioeconomic determinants.
- While primarily clinicians, the division is involved in research, including clinical trials, SEARCH and TrialNet in providing care to a diverse patient population with a variety of endocrine disorders.
- All subspecialists admit directly to the hospitalist service and serve as consultants.
- Ample opportunities for teaching medical students and pediatric residents
- Academic appointment at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine commensurate with experience.
- Competitive salary
- Paid relocation and malpractice with tail coverage
- Professional allowance
- Generous benefits including retirement, health, dental and vision coverage.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer
The Department of Pediatrics has a record of academic achievement and provides education to medical students, physician assistant students, and both pediatric and family medicine residents. Our pediatric residency has a total of 39 resident positions. The Department along with our freestanding Children s Hospital presently provide 151,000 patient encounters annually with 8,000 admissions and over 32,000 pediatric emergency room visits. The Department has 18 divisions, is actively growing and has been recognized as the best teaching department for most of the last 30 years
With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,984 beds and more than 300 physician practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually. Its goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals. For more information, visit PrismaHealth.org.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and CV to: Lexy Doane, Physician Recruiter, Lexy.Doane@prismahealth.org