Piedmont Healthcare is seeking a Board-Certified General Surgeon for our Piedmont Columbus Regional location. The ideal provider will have the passion and motivation to build an excellent clinical practice alongside three other providers while maintaining the highest professional care as is always demonstrated within the Piedmont organization.
General Surgery experience of three years or more is required as well as trauma/critical care surgery experience. Trauma/Surgical Critical Care fellowship is a plus but not mandatory. This position has a start date of Fall 2024.
Requirements & Highlights:
- BC/BE MD
- Hospital call minimal to support work/life balance
- Clinic call shared with three other physicians
- Significant, steady stream of referrals/consults from the surrounding community
- Robotics is a plus but not a must
- EPIC EMR
Benefits: Competitive salary with comprehensive benefits including CME, and 401K with match.
Why You will Love Columbus, Georgia?
- Within two hours of metropolitan Atlanta and close proximity to Florida beaches, the North Georgia mountains and local lakes
- Urban Whitewater course named one of "Today's Top Adventures in the World by USA Today
- Chicago Tribune named Columbus Coolest Cat in Georgia
- Historical downtown with vibrant cultural, fine arts and music scene
- Consistently ranked in top three Elementary School and High School in the state of Georgia by SchoolDigger.com
- Home to Columbus State University, part of the University System of Georgia
Piedmont Columbus Regional
Piedmont Columbus Regional is part of Piedmont Healthcare s integrated system of 19 hospitals. Our system in Columbus is comprised of two hospitals and a cancer center, serving a radius of more than 14 counties. The Midtown Campus is a 583-bed hospital and functions as a Level 2 Trauma Center with the region s only Children s Hospital including a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Neuroscience Center of Excellence, a newly renovated Emergency and Trauma Center as well as the SI and XI da Vinci Robot and plans for more. We also have the oldest Family Medicine Residency Program in the state and a robust Hospitalist program.
The Northside Campus is a 100-bed, general acute care hospital that is nationally recognized for delivering outstanding clinical quality, accompanied by the highest levels of customer service. Northside has opened a 12,000 square foot Emergency Department with 10 patient rooms and plans for expansion. The new ED at the Northside Campus is staffed with board-certified ER physicians 24/7 as well as creating other physician-led programs. When completed, the Northside Campus location and reputation will position itself well in the market. We are building on its excellence and are planning to meet the needs of north Columbus and Harris County for generations to come.
Our medical group welcomes new graduates and experienced physicians to apply. The package includes competitive base salary plus incentive bonus, sign-on bonus, relocation assistance and marketing. If you're looking to join a physician-led community that is making a huge difference in healthcare, Piedmont Columbus is the place for you.
For more information contact Anne.Brown@piedmont.org