SSM DePaul Hospital has been serving the St. Louis metro area since 1828 and offers the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in St. Louis County and the only Level II Trauma Center in North St. Louis County. The hospital is home to several Centers of Excellence and utilizes the most advanced technology available.
- 476-bed hospital
- Established team of 4 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- 20-bed ICU Medical/Surgical/Neuro/Cardiac
- Comprehensive health care center with state-of-the-art comprehensive programs to include: Robotic Surgery Institute, Neurosciences Institute, Heart Institute (offering the latest in minimally invasive valve replacement and repair)
- Subspecialty programs including, but not limited to, Orthopedics, cancer care, breast care, maternity care, surgical services, behavioral health, imaging services, Center for Sleep Disorders, Weight-Loss Institute, and Pain Care Center.
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be BC/BE in critical care medicine and be able to obtain a Missouri license.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location & Lifestyle
The hospital is located in a welcoming suburb of St. Louis, serving patients across the St. Louis metropolitan area. Conveniently located near local and international transportation hubs, the community offers a diverse array of housing options in the immediate area as well as throughout the metro St. Louis area. New construction and historic homes abound, in addition to community-style living. St. Louis offers a rich history and cultural diversity for individuals and families of all backgrounds.
Challenge the Status Quo and Transform Critical Care
Sound Critical Care is a physician-established and led group that partners with community hospitals to manage and improve ICUs nationwide. We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year.