Hematology & Medical Oncology Opportunity- Western, NC
Caldwell UNC Health is the choice for health care in Caldwell County. The Emergency Department sees approximately 30,000 + visits a year. Caldwell Physician Network provides the majority of primary care and select specialty care to our market from eleven separate medical park locations throughout the county. Our 137-bed licensed hospital is a member of the UNC Health System. We are seeking a personable and engaging hematology/oncology physician to add to our team!
- Office location- McCreary Cancer Center, a Service of UNC Hospitals: 212 Mulberry Street SW, Lenoir, NC & 160 River Bend Drive, Granite Falls, NC
- Full-time, 36 patient contact hours required per week at minimum
- Shared evening and weekend call (virtual, not requiring physical presence on-site) every 5 weeks
- Compassionate team of one Hem/Onc physician, three APPs, a Radiation Oncologist and 40+ support staff
- 16,313 sq ft Cancer Center offering a new Linear Accelerator, CT Simulation, Infusion, Pharmacy, Lab and complete supportive services plus a 3,500 sq ft satellite facility
- Established in 2006, the Cancer Center is a well-regarded resource serving the residents of Caldwell County and beyond. Offices are located on two ends of the county to reduce the amount of travel for patients.
- This is a growing practice with the need to add an additional provider, anticipated caseloads per provider is 15-20 per day.
- Consistently in the 99th percentile for patient satisfaction
- Infusion services on-site requiring supervision, Pharmacy on-site for sterile compounding, Lab on-site for quick lab results
- Bi-weekly Tumor Boards offers multidisciplinary collaboration
- In addition to clinical responsibilities covering outpatient, inpatient and ED consults, the position will be expected to spend approximately 10% of their time in program development capacities, with special emphasis on enhancing access to clinical trials in collaboration with the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center. They will also be expected to champion initiatives to streamline oncology care across medical disciplines, ensure patient-centered and evidence-based oncology care, and collaborate with community providers to maximize retention of patients within the McCreary/Caldwell UNC Health Care service area.
About the Area:
- Centrally located to the key cities in Western North Carolina?70 minute travel time each to: Charlotte Douglas International Airport; the eclectic attractions of Asheville; the arts and history of Winston-Salem; and only 20 minutes to the North Carolina High Country and the mountain seasonal resort community of Blowing Rock.
- Temperate climate with 4 seasons & natural scenic beauty
- Proximity to higher education opportunities: Appalachian State University in Boone, NC; Lenoir-Rhyne University in Hickory, NC; Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute in Hudson, NC; and an excellent pre-K ? 12 public school system that includes an Early College High School.
To be considered, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org