Excellent Endocrinology Physician Opportunity at VA Medical Center Martinsburg
$200k Medical School Loan repayment program!! Excellent Benefits with Great Work Life Balance!
- Primary tour of duty will Monday – Friday 8:00am -4:30pm
- Only when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy, Non-citizens may be appointed
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) for the year in which the degree was granted, OR
- an equivalent degree from a school of osteopathic medicine approved by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association for the year in which the degree was granted.
- For foreign medical graduates not covered in the previous 2 bullets above, facility officials must verify with the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) that the applicant has met requirements for certification and must obtain a copy of the ECFMG certificate. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Physicians must have completed residency training, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
Preferred: Board Certification in Endocrinology by ABIM.
Major duties/functions include, but are not limited to:
- Provides Endocrinology related consultations, evaluating clinic patients and inpatients.
- Participate in staff evaluations, communications and counseling, if assigned by the Chief of Medicine.
- Will represent the interests of the unit to appropriate committees.
- Responsible and participate, if required, in educational programs for inpatient and outpatient unit personnel, update and develop inpatient and outpatient policies and procedures as required by the demands of the Medical Service.
- Demonstrate ethical conduct and serve as a positive role model to others at all levels of the organization.
- Other clinical duties as assigned within the service or other areas of the hospital as required
Let’s talk Benefits
Whether you’re interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you’ll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you’ll get from caring for those who have served our country. In addition to competitive pay and FREE liability protection, the VA also offers a robust benefits plan that includes:
- 208 hours paid annual (vacation/personal) leave
- 104 hours paid sick leave each year (with unlimited carryover)
- 11 Federal holidays per year with pay
- 40 hours paid absence to attend approved CME courses
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of:
- FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension)
- Social Security benefits
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
What’s going on in and around the community of Martinsburg? Something fun or interesting is always happening around the Martinsburg area. From large businesses moving to our like Macy’s Fulfillment Center, Proctor & Gamble and BPG-USA that have boosted our economy to the rich historic tradition of Harper’s Ferry, the annual Apple Harvest Festival, and numerous outdoor recreation activities off the Potomac River, Martinsburg has experienced significant residential and business growth and continues to carry the tradition of being a vibrant, family friendly community. Along with strong community support for our 35 Berkeley County public schools, you will find the prestigious St. Joseph’s School right in Martinsburg, and close by St. James School in Hagerstown, MD.
There’s new energy and a new outlook in Berkeley County, West Virginia including expansion of state-of-the-art Medical facilities including Valley Health, West Virginia University Medicine, and expansion programs at VAMC Martinsburg including the new Women’s Center, Dental building and SUD expansion programming for our Nation’s Veterans.
Little to big league sports fans and shop-aholics alike are also right at home in Berkeley County. WV, as we are close to multiple shopping outlets. We are also just a short drive to Frederick, Baltimore and Washington DC where you will find additional museums, art galleries, ballet and opera, festivals and theater shows. We are also in close proximity to the suburbs of Winchester and Loudoun County, Virginia where many of our physicians live.
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise – "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
VAMC Martinsburg has a dedicated physician recruiter to streamline your onboarding.