Palliative Care Physician Opportunity located in picturesque Ithaca, New York. Join an Integrated, Innovative, Independent Provider Lead Health Care System with Excellent Quality of Life.
This position will be comprised of inpatient and outpatient clinics and will contain an instrumental leadership role in helping fulfill our mission utilizing a population health approach to provide holistic palliative care services to members of our community across the health care system.
Board Certified/Fellowship trained with special knowledge and skill building and working with interdisciplinary hospice and palliative care team with strong leadership skills and a clear understanding of the value of palliative care.
$201,324.00 - 286,610.00 Annually
As a Physician, you will play a crucial role in providing high-quality medical care to patients. You will diagnose and treat various medical conditions, collaborate with interdisciplinary healthcare teams, and contribute to the overall well-being of patients. Your expertise and compassion will be instrumental in improving the health and lives of those you serve.
As a physician, you will play a crucial role in providing high-quality medical care to patients within the scope of your qualifications and experience. Principal responsibilities will include the clinical care of patients within a physician led, patient centered team based environment, where the focus is on the provision of high quality, value based care.
- Patient Care
- Conduct comprehensive medical evaluations and assessments
- Develop and implement personalized treatment plans for patients
- Prescribe medication and other appropriate therapies
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests and imaging
- Perform medical procedures and surgeries when necessary
- Monitor patient progress and adjust treatment plans as needed
- Provide patient education
- Effectively communicate with patients, families, and colleagues
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient records in a timely fashion
- Clinical Expertise
- Stay current with latest medical research, treatments and technologies
- Participate in CME and peer review activities
- Collaborate with other specialists and healthcare professionals to optimize patient care
- Work collaboratively with Advanced Practice Providers
- Participate in the education of clinical learners (residents, APP students, etc)
- Quality and Safety
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives to enhance patient outcomes
- Ensure safe care is provided to all patients
- Ethical and Professional Standards
- Adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards of medical practice
- Uphold patient confidentiality and privacy
- Comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Doctorate MD or DO from an accredited medical school required
- Must have successfully completed a residency or fellowship commensurate with area of specialty.
- Be board certified or eligible in the appropriate specialty, by a board acceptable to Hospital;
- Obtain and maintain an unrestricted Drug Enforcement Agency ( DEA ) registration;
- Obtain Medical Staff Privileges within the Health system
- DR-Current and unrestricted license to practice medicine in applicable state required
- Strong clinical skills and knowledge of evidence based medicine
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Compassion, empathy and a commitment to patient-centered care
- Ability to work collaboratively in a healthcare team
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and CME.
- Hospital, clinic, or healthcare facility setting
- May include on call and weekend shifts as required.
NOTE: All provider salaries posted on this site are based on a full-time work basis. The salary for any part time position will be adjusted according to the full-time equivalency of the position.
In addition to salary, other compensation in the form of student loan repayment, sign-on bonus, and moving expense may be available and be included in total compensation .