Join a growing team of outpatient neurologists, stroke neurologists, neuro-hospitalist, interventional neurologists and neurosurgeon in an award-winning program. UPMC Altoona has an exciting neuro-hospitalist opportunity for a new grad or experienced BC/BE neurologist.
- 7on/7off schedule
- On-call coverage during the week on
- Round on inpatients, answer inpatient consults, and read EEGs during the day
- Collegial and family work environment
- Strong academic connection to Pittsburgh
What we Offer
- $25K sign-on bonus plus relocation assistance
- $3,500 CME allowance
- 7 days PTO
- Competitive base salary plus RVU bonus commensurate with experience
- Outstanding benefit package including malpractice, health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and pension
About UPMC Altoona:
- Part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center s 40+ hospital network
- 400-bed regional tertiary health care system for residents in central Pennsylvania
- Joint Commission certified thrombectomy capable stroke center with 24/7 care and a renowned interventional neurology program
- Other signature services include Level ll Trauma Center, UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, UPMC Heart & Vascular Institute, UPMC Magee Womens
- 400 primary care and specialty credentialed physicians on medical staff
- A patient safety grade in Leapfrog s most recent hospital safety survey
- 4-star quality hospital, as rated by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid services (CMS).
- HeartCARE Center National Distinction of Excellence award recipient by the American College of Cardiology.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About the Community
- As a neuro-hospitalist, you can choose to live in the Altoona/Hollidaysburg area or State College (hometown of Penn State University's main campus). Both communities offer safe and enriching environments to enjoy work/life balance
- Located in the Altoona/Blair County/Central Pennsylvania region
- Very reasonable cost of living
- Excellent school systems
- Abundant cultural amenities including theatre, symphony, minor league baseball, transportation history, festivals, Big10 sports and national touring performing artists
- Centrally located with easy access to larger, neighboring cities. Between 40 minutes to 4.5 hours to major cities including Pittsburgh, State College, Philadelphia, DC, and NYC.
- Mountains to climb and ski, rivers and lakes to paddle and fish, trails and roadways to bike, numerous golf courses, tennis and pickle ball courts right here!
- Everything you need within a 15-minute drive no rush hour traffic, no parking fees