Physician (Pediatrician) Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
Fort Leavenworth is located near the Greater Kansas City metropolitan area. The immediate area is considered a national treasure with historic sites and homes filled with small-town charm and friendliness merged with Kansas City retail, attractions and entertainment. Kansas City, well known for its BBQ, Jazz and fountains, is rich in culture with a thriving performing arts scene. Honored as one of the World's 15 Most Beautiful Concert Halls, the Kauffman Center attracts some of the world's most renowned performers and entertainers. For the sports enthusiasts, Kansas City hosts professional sports with the Royals, Chiefs and Sporting Kansas City soccer club. An international airport is conveniently located within a 30 minute drive of Fort Leavenworth. More information may be found at Visit KC | Official Tourism Site of Kansas City
Working for the Department of Defense comes with an abundance of benefits and perks to include competitive compensation packages, paid-time off, medical benefits, student loan repayments, and retirement package with Thrift Savings Plan to include matching employer contributions. For more information, please visit the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/benefits/ResponsibilitiesDuties
- Provide appropriate examinations, diagnostic and/or treatment services for patients in ages ranging from infant through adolescent, who have pediatric and medical problems characteristic of the pediatric discipline.
- Write progress notes, including history, physical, laboratory data, assessment and plan on individual outpatients.
- Participate in quality assurance, quality improvement, peer review, and similar professional medical activities in conjunction with accreditation and other standards required of medical facilities.
- Participate in Continuing Medical Education (CME) and quality assurance activities as assigned.
- Provide a broad spectrum of health services ranging from preventative health care and developmental health care needs to the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic diseases.
PERFORMS OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.Qualifications
US Citizenship required
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).
Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.