UPMC in Central Pa - a growing, multisite health care system in south central Pennsylvania - has an exciting opportunity for an Adult Endocrinologist in Hanover, PA. Join a successful practice specializing in the treatment of diabetes, thyroid, pituitary, osteoporosis, and menopause issues in the outpatient setting and play an integral role in helping to provide high-quality, compassionate care to patients. This current position will join an established endocrinologist and two advanced practice providers.
Join one Endocrinologist and two advanced practice providers in outpatient setting.
Inpatient nurse practitioner provides care to patients in the hospital. Physician is part of the care team who provides telephone consult for the inpatient nurse practitioner for guidance and care discussion.
Strong outpatient diabetes program with support for pumps, CGM, and education
Help develop state-of-the-art technology for treating thyroid diseases including in-office thyroid ultrasound and biopsies
Strong relationship with infusion center for endocrine testing and also testing in the outpatient practice
Osteoporosis and fracture prevention program
Opportunities for future clinical research
- Board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology
- Endocrinology Fellowship
- Eligible for licensure in the state of Pennsylvania
- Will consider 2024 Endocrinology fellowship graduates for candidacy.
- Team oriented with ability to provide personalized patient care and demonstrate clinical outcomes
- Competitive salary
- Health, life, and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Defined contribution plan; 403(b) plan with employer match
- Professional dues and CME time
- Paid time off and paid holidays
To learn more, please contact Gretchen Knaub, Physician Recruiter, at email@example.com
About South Central Pennsylvania
- Features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events, and entertainment. Close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hersheypark and Hershey's Chocolate World.
- Offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania's top colleges and universities.
- Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20% of Pennsylvania.
- With affordable homes a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 101.2 in Philadelphia it's a great place to grow a career and family.
- Listed among Forbes.com America's Most Livable Cities, and ranked in U.S. News & World Report's Best Cities to Live in 2017, we are a two- to three-hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
About UPMC in Central Pa.
UPMC in Central Pa. is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. As part of the UPMC not-for-profit system, UPMC in Central Pa. cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care, and leading-edge diagnostic services. UPMC in Central Pa. includes seven acute care hospitals with 1,160 licensed beds, over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals, and approximately 11,000 employees. It is a health care hub serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties.