Mercyhealth is seeking an excellent ABR fellowship trained Interventional Radiologist to join our expanding practice. Mercyhealth has two main hospitals - Javon Bea Riverside Hospital in Rockford, Illinois and our Mercyhealth Hospital and Trauma Center in Janesville, Wisconsin. Javon Bea Riverside Hospital opened four years ago and features four cath labs of which two are equipped with bi-planes.
Mercyhealth is a multi-regional, integrated health system comprising 7 hospitals, more than 770 employed physicians, over 85 outpatient clinics and other service sites that provide care to residents in more than 60 communities throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. We provide over 125 specialty and sub-specialty services, including adult critical care, neonatal intensive care, neurosurgery, heart and vascular care, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery, da Vinci robotic surgery and much more.
Candidate should expect:
- McKesson PACS and PowerScribe Systems as well as EPIC EHR
- Practice model is at least 80% IR
- Extremely competitive base compensation plus 8-10 weeks paid time off
- Comprehensive benefits package including professional liability coverage with no tail obligation, CME allowance, health coverage for the physician and family - medical, dental and vision insurance, 403b retirement plan, long term disability and life insurance, and relocation assistance
- Opportunity to participate in clinical research, resident education, and medical student education through affiliation with University of Illinois College of Medicine-Rockford
- Relaxed work environment
- Flexible and supportive clinical leadership
Candidates should have:
- Comfort across all areas of Interventional Radiology
- ABR/AOBR Interventional/Diagnostic Board Certified or Eligible.
- Fellowship training in Interventional Radiology or IR/DR pathway.
- Completed an ACGME accredited radiology residency and fellowship
Current practitioners at Main Campus perform all aspects of Vascular and Interventional Radiology including:
- Peripheral arterial disease: including acute limb ischemia, critical limb ischemia cases
- Percutaneous AAA treatment/ EVAR
- Interventional Oncology: Biopsy, TACE, Thermal ablation, Renal MWA and Cryoablation, Liver Directed Therapy/ Locoregional therapy, RF ablation and kyphoplasty of spinal tumors
- GI : Biliary drainage, Spyglass assisted percutaneous cholangioscopy and interventions, GI bleed embolization, TIPS, BRTO, endovascular treatment of visceral aneurysms.
- Spine: Kyphoplasty, bone biopsy, ablation, Lumbar ESI
- GU/GYN: Nephrostomy, Renal MWA and cryoablation, Embolization for post partum hemorrhage, Uterine artery embolization, Pelvic congestion syndrome embolization, Prostate artery embolization, Gastrostomy placement, GJ placement
- Venous: Venous recanalization, thrombectomy, May Thurner, Venous Stenting ( Iliac, Iliocaval, SVC), central venous recanalization, HD access maintenance, IVC filter placement and retrieval, Venous access (Port, picc)
- Pulmonary: Pulmonary Embolism ( Thrombectomy ), Pulmonary AVM embolization, Bronchial artery embolization/ Hemoptysis treatment
- Interested candidates can be trained in Stroke therapy (not required).
About the Area
- Rockford Illinois is the third-largest city in the state of Illinois. Settled on the banks of the Rock River, Rockford is notable for its economic diversification into automotive, aerospace, and healthcare industries, as well as the undertaking of various tourism and downtown revitalization efforts.
- Rockford is known for various venues of cultural or historical significance, including Anderson Japanese Gardens, Klehm Arboretum, the Coronado Theater, and the Burpee Museum of Natural History. Rockford has been recognized as one of the most affordable housing markets in the nation less than an hour and a half drive from downtown Chicago and Milwaukee and less than an hour from Madison, Wisconsin.
- Janesville, Wisconsin is a mid-sized city offering a safe, family-oriented community with excellent schools and abundant recreational opportunities. Janesville is Wisconsin s Park Place, with over 2,500 acres of beautiful parks. The community also offers live theatre and unique shopping and dining.
- Janesville lies just 12 miles north of the Illinois border, 35 miles southeast of Madison, 71 miles southwest of Milwaukee, and 110 miles northwest of Chicago and is on the Interstate I-90 corridor providing easy access to metro areas and international airports.
- Need a taste of the big city? Day trips less than two hours away include Chicago Il and much of the Lake Michigan coast!