Trinity Health At Home is seeking a part-time Board Certified or Board Eligible Hospice & Palliative Medicine physician to serve as Hospice Medical Director at Above & Beyond Home Health Care and Hospice located in Monticello, Iowa.
Hospice Medical Director Responsibilities:
- The overall medical direction of patient and family services.
- The Hospice Medical Director will work with the Executive Director, Director of Clinical Services and Hospice Supervisors to plan and evaluate clinical services.
- Serve on the Executive Team at the program level.
- Also responsible for ensuring compliance with all Hospice Medical Director Responsibilities as outlined by the Hospice Conditions of Participation.
- A physician (Medicine doctor, M.D. or Doctor of Osteopathy, D.O) licensed to practice medicine in state of Iowa.
- Credentialing at one or more hospitals commonly serving patients in the hospice service area or commitment to obtaining credentialing at one or more hospitals commonly serving patients in the hospice service area.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle required; must possess a valid driver s license and have access to a functional automobile during work hours.
- Demonstrate ability to assess, plan, evaluate and analyze nursing aspects of patient/family care and work in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated experience/ability to lead people centered care to patients and families including the psychosocial, spiritual, and multicultural domains of care.
- Demonstrated competence in verbal, written, and word processing communication.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, meet scheduling targets, and function in an autonomous manner.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate commitment to the mission and Organizational Code of Ethics and adhere to the Compliance Program.
- Board Certification in Hospice & Palliative Medicine or commitment to work toward board certification in Hospice & Palliative Care
This is an exciting opportunity for the right physician to lead the medical team at Above & Beyond Home Health Care and Hospice.
Trinity Health At Home is offering a competitive compensation and benefit package.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Above & Beyond Home Health Care and Hospice offers a variety of home care services for patients within a 50-mile radius of Monticello, Iowa. This includes the Eastern Iowa counties of Jones, Delaware, Dubuque, Jackson, Cedar, Linn, Clayton, and Johnson.
Our goal, with the assistance of our dedicated staff, is to provide the highest quality of care to our patients and families. Our dedicated staff wants to maintain optimal care level of independence and health status in the home environment.
Our Home Health Care services in Eastern Iowa include nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and many other services. We take pride in the high-quality, individualized care we provide our patients, and can provide all of our services in any environment that the patient calls home.
Trinity Health At Home, also known as Trinity Home Health Services, is a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the United States. Providing home care in 11 states, our services span coast to coast with 15 home health and hospice agencies.
Trinity Health At Home is recognized as a provider of choice for home health and hospice care. Trinity Health At Home network of agencies provides services seven days a week with on-call availability; assigning consistent, highly trained caregivers; offering specialized programs such as palliative care, fall prevention and advanced wound care; and meeting or exceeding all home care outcome standards.
For more information about Trinity Health at Home visit http://www.trinityhomehealth.org/.
Monticello, Iowa is located approximately thirty minutes from the communities of Cedar Rapids and Dubuque. The small city offers a unique community atmosphere and plenty of opportunities to explore the outdoors. With a population of less than 4,000 people, Monticello has a close-knit feel that makes it easy to get to know your neighbors. There are plenty of parks for outdoor recreation and there s always something fun going on downtown with its many restaurants and shops.
Excellent schools, comfortable neighborhoods, a broad base of varied industries, value-driven banking institutions, and a wide diversity of services to meet your personal and business needs makes Monticello one of the best communities under 5,000 in which to live, work and play.
ABOUT TRINITY HEALTH
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. We serve people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with more than 90 hospitals and 100 continuing care facilities including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities and programs that provide nearly two and a half million visits annually. Trinity Health employs more than 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800 employed physicians and clinicians.
Our mission: We, Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities. We support this mission by living our core values of Reverence, Commitment to Those Who are Poor, Justice, Stewardship, and Integrity. Committed to recruiting talented physicians, we are looking for physicians who share our values and want to help us fulfill the health care needs of the communities we serve.
At Trinity Health, we value the physician relationship and focus on partnering with our physicians. Whether you are a practicing physician looking to relocate or a medical resident, we offer opportunities with the flexibility to fit your individual needs. If you would like to be part of Trinity Health, we encourage you to explore this opportunity at www.trinity-health.org.