Jefferson Health Northeast has a full-time opportunity for a Gastroenterology Hospitalist to join our growing GI practice in northeast Philadelphia. Our practice offers full scope GI service: Inpatient consult service, ER call coverage, outpatient clinic and endoscopy at surgery center. The group offers comprehensive gastrointestinal healthcare services, including advanced diagnostics and endoscopic therapies. The practice is proud to promote a patient-centric culture, comprehensive approach to individualized patient care, and a positive work environment for the physicians and staff.
- This GI Hospitalist opportunity offers Monday to Friday hospital. Coverage is from 7 AM - 5 PM and covers their respective weekends.
- Other physicians will take Monday - Thursday night call.
- 26 weeks off (no additional vacation)
- Attractive block schedule of 7 days on / 7 days off
- Dedicated Endoscopy Suite time
- Inpatient consult service to Emergency Department, Observation Unit, ICU & floors
- The practice currently consists of five physicians who practice general and advanced gastroenterology, and everyone has a special niche interest.
- The position is inpatient only work
- Option to work with internal medicine residents and medical students
- Academic appointment at Sydney Kimmel College of Medicine.
Our new state of the art office and surgery center is being built at Torresdale campus, with 10 exam rooms and 3 endoscopy rooms, encompassing almost 10,000 Sq feet.
The division is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, which includes 190 Olympus scopes.
MD or DO from an accredited program
Completion of an ACGME accredited Internal Medicine residency
Completion of an ACGME accredited GI fellowship
Board certified/eligible in IM, GI
Appropriate licenses and certifications
The GI Hospitalist is part of Jefferson Medical Group, a physician-led and professionally managed 700+ provider multi-specialty group and will provide services at one hospital location.
We offer a competitive total compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including health system medical benefits and self-insured malpractice coverage.