Join our rewarding practice at the Veteran's Administration in Las Vegas, NV! We offer a collaborative, team approach to care delivery for our nation's veterans. Receive a competitive compensation package with an amazing federal benefits program including a pension!
The Geriatric Medicine physician independently provides clinical services to eligible Veterans. Services are provided at the VA Southern NV Health Care System in Las Vegas, NV., through outpatient and inpatient Medical Center programs. He/ She is required to be adept at interpersonal skills, working closely and collaborating with not only with the Veteran but also family, significant others, community agencies, and other interdisciplinary staff. He/ She will adhere to all Medical Staff bylaws, and Medical Center policies. The physician must be board certified or board eligible in Geriatric Medicine, having completed an appropriate residency or fellowships. The Physician is overall responsible for serving as key clinical primary point of accountability for patients involving Geriatric and Extended Care services and collaborates with other providers and specialist in and outside of the VA system to manage patients' health.
The major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Join our growning practice and receive a reasonable work/life balance. Living in the Las Vegas valley offers unlimited entertainment, world class dining and outdoor recreation.
- Assessment, diagnosis, treatment and outcome measures of healthcare issues, histories and physicals, ordering diagnostic and therapeutic tests/studies, initiating consults and referrals, and prescribing medications/supplies for patient at home.
- Management of complex medical conditions, co-morbid mental illnesses, pain management issues, and a variety of psychosocial conditions with active collaboration with the multi-disciplinary teams.
- Provision of geriatric consultation in acute care, outpatient, and home health settings. Provide clear and complete direct and electronic communication with staff in all areas of the Medical Center and outside contacts to facilitate smooth patient transitions, quality patient care and high customer satisfaction.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team meeting (IDT) weekly. Communicates and consults regularly with other providers in primary and specialty care to assist in the care of geriatric patients as needed.
- Clinical Electronic Medical Record system management including indirect patient care: open encounter & open consult management, CPRS documentation rules and requirements, adherence to clinic procedures for patient scheduling & access, ensuring staff productivity, oversight of relevant performance measures, and participation in the development of the new focus on the Cultural Transformation, Utilization, Quality, and Patient Safety oversight, process improvement (system redesign)
- Provides opportunities for professional continuing education through journal clubs, case presentations, workshops, and conferences.