Virginia Mason Franciscan Health is seeking a skilled, dynamic, and personable Neurosurgeon to join our practice in the Franciscan Medical Group (FMG), consisting of a team of highly respected Neurosurgeons and Advanced Practice Providers on the campus of St. Joseph Medical Center (SJMC), a busy 328-bed Level II trauma center and DNV-certified comprehensive stroke center. We have a very large referral capture with immediate case access.
- Medical Degree
- Board Certification or Board Eligible (American Board of Neurological Surgery)
- Spine Fellowship Training
- At least two years of experience in cranial and spine trauma.
- Washington State Medical License in good standing, and an active DEA in good standing prior to start date.
A successful candidate will be responsible for:
- A combination of clinical & surgical care involving spinal and cranial conditions. Predominant clinical and surgical care involving spinal conditions, with cranial cases based on surgeon interest.
- Encouraging innovation focused on improving quality patient care and the patient experience
- Supporting clinical program development and high-quality neurosurgical care
- Developing and maintaining a culture that facilitates physician/APP engagement, well-being, diversity, equity and inclusion
Our practice has a close working relationship with our community orthopedic spine surgeons and a strong relationship with our neurosurgery team at Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle.
St. Joseph Medical Center was established by the Sister of St Francis of Philadelphia in 1891 and provides state of the art resources including Stryker Navigation, Medtronic Stealth, Leksell Gamma Knife, and Neuro ICU-PCU units.
The medical community has an excellent network of neuroscience physicians including neurologists, anesthesiologists, critical care physicians, ED physicians, and PM&R specialists. There is superb radiology support including seven neuroradiologists and two highly skilled neurointerventional radiologists who treat complex neurovascular conditions. A comprehensive trauma team admits and cares for trauma patients with neurosurgical consultation. We do not treat children, as they are cared for at a pediatric hospital outside of our system.
- Care with listening, empathy and love
- Accompany and comfort those in need of healing
- Celebrate each person s gifts and voice
- Respect the dignity of all
- Inspire trust through honesty
- Demonstrate courage in the face of inequity
- Serve with fullest passion, creativity and stewardship
- Exceed expectations of others and ourselves
- Commit to the power of working together
- Build and nurture meaningful relationships
While you re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we ll take care of you and your family with benefits that include medical/dental/vision/pharmacy, FSA, retirement plans, life insurance, time away, well-being programs, and more!
Estimated Starting Salary Range: $635,155 to $843,974 before moving to wRVU model. The posted compensation range is a reasonable starting salary estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. Amounts listed may include productivity, quality/service incentives, call pay, extra shift incentives as applicable to the position. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law. and starting salary is ultimately determined by experience and FTE status.
CommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.