Trinity Health IHA Medical Group has an exciting opportunity for a Board Certified Internal Medicine physician to join the Medical Specialty Division as the Associate Division Head of Practice Operations located in the Ann Arbor, Michigan area.
The Associate Division Head - Practice Operations is principally responsible for overseeing the clinical and professional aspects of a subset of practices within the Medical Specialty Division. The selected candidate will collaborate with the CMO, Division Head, CXO, Associate Division Heads of Quality, Associate Division Heads of IT, Site Medical Directors and VP of Operations. In conjunction with the IHA Site Medical Directors, the Associate Division Head - Practice Operations is accountable for financial performance, clinical quality, patient safety, patient and staff experience, and provider mentoring. The candidate will have specific accountability on insuring successful growth of the practice outside of the Ann Arbor area. The specific specialties within the purview of this person will be re-evaluated annually but initially will include Endocrinology, Rheumatology, Infectious Disease, and Recovery Services.
The successful candidate will be board certified in Internal Medicine and have a minimum of five years clinical experience (ambulatory practice experience is preferred), with prior experience in a leadership capacity consistent with the work performed at the Site Medical Director, Associate Division Head, or Unit Leader role. The selected candidate will also be an active practicing physician dedicated to maintaining a .3 FTE clinical role.
- Promotes the professional growth, development, and success of Site Medical Directors.
- Assures that the Site Medical Directors conducts bi-annual evaluations for each provider; conducts IHA Site Medical Directors bi-annual evaluations.
- Leads innovation in service delivery. Advocates for process improvement across the Division including a focus on improving patient provider and staff experience scores.
- Represents IHA in external forums that seek to improve the health of the community.
- Actively assumes the role of Physician Champion for the Division in the Provider and Staff Experience committee.
- Leads and implements Team Based Care within the above-mentioned practices.
- Actively participates in Leadership Development.
- Participates in annual management peer review evaluations.
- In collaboration with the Division Head, works to ensure that quality indicators used for recognition and developmental purposes are met.
- Monitors key metrics across the Division, to include practice financial reports, physician, and provider productivity. Ensures that variances are investigated, and corrections implemented as required.
- Reviews data and works in conjunction with the Associate Division Head - Quality to establish annual incentives for all providers. Develops and disseminates standard reports. Maintains healthy financial performance of all sites in the division.
This is an excellent opportunity for an administrative physician to join a large Multispecialty group in southeast Michigan.
An excellent compensation and benefits package is available for the right candidate including:
- Competitive base rate and compensation plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Benefits; 403b, 457
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Profession Malpractice Coverage with Tail Coverage