Trinity Health At Home is seeking a part-time Board Certified or Board Eligible Hospice & Palliative Medicine physician to serve as Hospice Medical Director at MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center located in Des Moines, Iowa.
Hospice Medical Director Responsibilities:
- The overall medical direction of patient and family services.
- The Hospice Medical Director will work with the Executive Director, Director of Clinical Services and Hospice Supervisors to plan and evaluate clinical services.
- Serve on the Executive Team at the program level.
- Also responsible for ensuring compliance with all Hospice Medical Director Responsibilities as outlined by the Hospice Conditions of Participation.
The selected candidate can expect to work 12.5 hours per week.
- A physician (Medicine doctor, M.D. or Doctor of Osteopathy, D.O) licensed to practice medicine in state of Iowa.
- Credentialing at one or more hospitals commonly serving patients in the hospice service area or commitment to obtaining credentialing at one or more hospitals commonly serving patients in the hospice service area.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle required; must possess a valid driver s license and have access to a functional automobile during work hours.
- Demonstrate ability to assess, plan, evaluate and analyze nursing aspects of patient/family care and work in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated experience/ability to lead people centered care to patients and families including the psychosocial, spiritual, and multicultural domains of care.
- Demonstrated competence in verbal, written, and word processing communication.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, meet scheduling targets, and function in an autonomous manner.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate commitment to the mission and Organizational Code of Ethics and adhere to the Compliance Program.
- Board Certification in Hospice & Palliative Medicine or commitment to work toward board certification in Hospice & Palliative Care.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right physician to lead the hospice medical team at MercyOne Des Moines.
Trinity Health At Home is offering a competitive compensation and benefit package.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center is a 550-bed Level II Trauma center that has been faithfully serving the community since 1893 and has a tertiary service area of 1.4 million. Named to the Becker s Healthcare 100 great hospitals in America list Mercy One Des Moines Medical Center offers central Iowa s only Gold Seal of Approval and Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center. Our closed ICUs include a dedicated Neuro Trauma supported by full time Pulmonary Critical Care and Surgical Critical Care trained Physicians. MercyOne features block scheduling, 3 navigation stations, o-arm, minimally invasive capabilities, and Bi-Plane suite. The MercyOne Children s Hospital encompasses a 13-bed PICU, Pediatric ED, Pediatric 22-bed Medical Surgical Unit, 8 Pediatric care clinics as well as several (including Child Neurology) pediatric subspecialties.
Trinity Health At Home, also known as Trinity Home Health Services, is a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the United States. Providing home care in 11 states, our services span coast to coast with 15 home health and hospice agencies.
Trinity Health At Home is recognized as a provider of choice for home health and hospice care. Trinity Health At Home network of agencies provides services seven days a week with on-call availability; assigning consistent, highly trained caregivers; offering specialized programs such as palliative care, fall prevention and advanced wound care; and meeting or exceeding all home care outcome standards.
For more information about Trinity Health at Home visit http://www.trinityhomehealth.org/.
Greater Des Moines, Iowa is consistently ranked nationally among the best places to live with a low cost of living and strong job market. Spend Saturdays at the nationally renowned Downtown Farmers Market and afternoons strolling in the Pappajohn Sculpture Park. Bike to the job you love and come home to the community of friends and family. Enjoy abundant trails for walking, running, and biking. Surrounding suburbs are known for top-notch schools, clean and safe neighborhoods. Cultural events, music and art festivals, the Iowa State Fair and Iowa Cubs games at Principal Park are just a few attractions Des Moines has to offer. This is a place where culture flourishes and opportunities can grow, where a work/life balance can be achieved, where education is unmatched and award-winning arts and entertainment is always just around the corner. Live life without compromise.
For more of what Des Moines has to offer check out www.catchdesmoines.com and www.dsmpartnership.com or A City with No Limits video.
ABOUT TRINITY HEALTH
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. We serve people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with more than 90 hospitals and 100 continuing care facilities including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities and programs that provide nearly two and a half million visits annually. Trinity Health employs more than 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800 employed physicians and clinicians.
Our mission: We, Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities. We support this mission by living our core values of Reverence, Commitment to Those Who are Poor, Justice, Stewardship, and Integrity. Committed to recruiting talented physicians, we are looking for physicians who share our values and want to help us fulfill the health care needs of the communities we serve.
At Trinity Health, we value the physician relationship and focus on partnering with our physicians. Whether you are a practicing physician looking to relocate or a medical resident, we offer opportunities with the flexibility to fit your individual needs. If you would like to be part of Trinity Health, we encourage you to explore this opportunity at www.trinity-health.org.