Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport and Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center- Shreveport seek applicants for a full-time BC/BE Neurologist with fellowship training in Movement Disorders for a faculty position at an academic rank determined by level of experience and qualifications. The position comes with an attractive compensation package with guaranteed base salary as well as supplemental pay determined by productivity and potential grants. We are looking for a dynamic person to help in further development of our well-established Movement Disorders Center. The present Director is scheduled to retire in 2020, and we are looking for a suitable replacement to continue our efforts in the Movement Disorder realm including an active Parkinson s Disease outreach program, DBS surgery as well as the opportunity for collaborative translational research including clinical trials. It is our expectation that a Movement Disorders fellowship program can be established as well. The successful candidate is expected to have an active role in medical student and Neurology resident education and to participate in the on-call schedule as well as departmental activities including supervision in resident clinics, grand rounds as well as didactic conferences.
The applicant will work under the leadership of Roger Kelley, MD, Chair of Neurology at Ochsner LSU Health System of North Louisiana. Our health sciences center is home to the School of Medicine, School of Graduate Studies and School of Allied Health Professions and a robust research enterprise. More than 800 students are enrolled in the degree programs at any one time. Additionally, nearly 600 residents and fellows are trained each year. The facility is also home to the only Level I Trauma center in the surrounding region with a Thrombectomy Certified Stroke Center.
Highlights of the Position:
- Collegial and multidisciplinary team of physicians and nurses to collaborate on a customized plan of care for each patient.
- Physician leadership and input at all levels of administration.
- Combines teaching and patient care
- Emphasizes teaching and provides vitally important leadership and guidance to medical students and residents
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Generous Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional retirement plans available
- Vacation / Scheduled Time Off
We are able to sponsor J-1 visas.