Join an award winning, physician-led health system that prides itself on an inclusive, collegial and innovative culture. As a General Surgeon at OhioHealth, you will receive the support needed to balance your personal and professional goals and impact our mission of improving the health of those we serve.
- 0.5 medical education admin role and 0.5 clinical
- Responsible for oversight and administration of all aspects of an ACGME general surgery program including outpatient, inpatient, and consultative surgical education and patient care
- Program has 25 residents per year and covers Grant Medical Center as well
- This program has achieved Continued Osteopathic Recognition with ACGME. The program director does not need to practice OMM, but must embrace support for Osteopathic Principles in Practice in clinical care, and support the requirements of our care site which include teaching of OMM
- Board Eligible/ Board Certified in General Surgery
- Current MD or DO with at least 3 years of experience in a General Surgery Residency program
For questions or to schedule an exploratory call, please contact our Physician Recruiter, Kelsey Beaver.
OhioHealth is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit, charitable regional hospital system located in Central OH and the surrounding areas.
Serving our communities since 1891, we are a family of 35,000 associates, providers and volunteers across a system of 12 hospitals, 200+ ambulatory sites, hospice, home-health, medical equipment and other health services spanning a 47-county area.
We are an inclusive organization that prides ourselves on having a world class culture. As a world class organization, we have been recognized as a:
- 2021 DiversityInc Top Health System
- Fortune Magazine s 100 Best Companies to Work For 14 times
- Top 10% of Press Ganey s Hospital Experience Survey
Complete list of Awards and Recognition: https://www.ohiohealth.com/about-us/awards
Experience the vibrant and flourishing city of Columbus, Ohio, the 14th largest city in the United States. This culturally diverse and welcoming city offers unique neighborhoods and lifestyles for all. Columbus has received numerous national accolades such as being ranked No. 8 on the Best Places to Live in the U.S. by Money magazine and No. 14 nationally on Forbes America s Cities of the Future. Medscape sums it up well: Columbus is No. 5 of America s Best Cities for Physicians. The region s prestigious educational institutions, high physician compensation, low tax rates, low malpractice payouts, low density of physicians, beautiful landscape, and robust economy convinced Medscape to name Columbus is a top tier city and community for physicians.