Saint Alphonsus Medical Group (SAMG) - a physician led and accountable 500+ provider multispecialty group practice - has an excellent opportunity for an Internal Medicine or Geriatric Medicine physician to join Bown Crossing Clinic, a robust clinic-based practice, located on the east side of Boise, Idaho.
At the Bown Crossing Clinic, Family Medicine providers are dedicated to providing services for a full spectrum of patients to include birth to end of life. The Internal Medicine/Geriatrics physician will be assuming mostly an established practice from a retiring physician.
Well-qualified candidates should be passionate and knowledgeable about older adults' health issues, possess an internal medicine or geriatric medicine background, and desire to provide outpatient IM or geriatric primary care in support of our growing multi-specialty medical group within a regionally integrated healthcare system.
Other services at this practice location include Urgent Care, onsite digital x-ray, and laboratory services, as well as STARS Physical Therapy.
Support includes 24/7 CRNA Anesthesia; Level IV Trauma Center; ED; Saint Alphonsus FM, Urgent Care and PT clinics onsite; primary care and specialty care services; SAHS specialty physicians rotate in outreach, larger system resources.
The schedule for this full-time (1.0 FTE) opportunity is a traditional clinic work week, Monday through Friday, with no less than 34 hours of scheduled patient contact time. Practice call (phone only) is shared with other eligible members in the SAMG Department of Internal Medicine/Geriatrics and is currently 1:10.
Reduced FTE available, depending on physician preference.
Requirements for this opportunity include:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree
- Successful completion of an accredited Internal Medicine residency program
- Geriatrics Expertise:
- Certification of Added Qualifications (CAQ) in Geriatric Medicine through the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine (AOBIM), or
- Certification in the Subspecialty of Geriatric Medicine through the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM), or
- Obtain such certification within 3 years of employment, or
- Ten years of practice experience devoted primarily to the care of older patients
- Idaho medical license, registration with Idaho Board of Pharmacy and DEA (controlled substances), privileges at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center
This is an exciting opportunity for the right Internal Medicine physician to be part of Saint Alphonsus Medical Group.
Saint Alphonsus offers a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Sign-on Incentives
- Student Loan Repayment
- PTO & CME Allocation
- Malpractice Insurance (Incl. Tail)
- Retirement (403b)