ChristianaCare, a dominant leader in the Mid-Atlantic region, is looking to add another outstanding individual to join its expanding Urology practice.
At Christiana Care, our mission is simple and profound- we take care of people - Janice E. Nevin, M.D., MPH - President and CEO
- Treat patients at ChristianaCare's 906-bed, 1.3-million-square-foot, modern facility in Newark, Delaware, and ChristianaCare's Cecil Campus, an award-winning, not-for-profit community hospital located nearby in Elkton, MD
- Conduct a wide array of surgical procedures including HOLEP, robotic nephrectomy, and TURP
- Join a team that includes five urologists, two physician assistants and dedicated support staff at both locations
- Enjoy access to two surgical robots on two state-of-the-art campuses and a large ACS verified simulation center
- Take advantage of a large, established referral base
- Mentor and precept ChristianaCare General Surgery residents
ChristianaCare is one of the country's largest health systems, ranking as the 24th leading hospital in the nation and 15th on the East Coast in admissions. Featuring three hospitals with 1,200 beds, ChristianaCare is home to Delaware's only adult Level I Trauma Center - the highest capability center and the only one of its kind between Philadelphia and Baltimore.
ChristianaCare is a not for profit teaching hospital affiliated with Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University and recognized as a regional center for excellence in cardiology, cancer and women's health services.
ChristianaCare was recognized as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals by Healthgrades, selected as one of the Most Wired Hospitals in the US by the American Hospital Association, and ranked by US News & World Report as the #3 'Best Hospital' in the Philadelphia region out of more than 90 hospitals.
EEO Statement: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
UPDATE: ChristianaCare is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our patients and caregivers. As we continue to meet the needs of our caregivers and our community through the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to health and safety requires that we take new steps to ensure a safe environment for medical care for our patients and a workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers. For this reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at ChristianaCare and is considered a safety standard that is job-related and consistent with business necessity for all caregivers.