Trinity Health PACE and Mercy LIFE of Massachusetts have an excellent full-time opportunity for a Board Certified Geriatric Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Family Medicine physician to join its Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) organization located in West Springfield, Massachusetts.
The Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) model is centered on the belief that it is better for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in the community whenever possible. PACE serves individuals who are age 55 or older, certified by their state to need nursing home care, able to live safely in the community at the time of enrollment and live in a PACE service area. While all PACE participants must be certified to need nursing home care to enroll in PACE, only about 7 percent of PACE participants nationally reside in a nursing home. If a PACE enrollee needs nursing home care, the PACE program pays for it and continues to coordinate the enrollee's care. We encourage fellowship and independence while serving seniors and their families with dignity and respect. Delivering all needed medical and supportive services, PACE is able to provide the entire continuum of care and services to seniors with chronic needs while maintaining their independence in their home for as long as possible.
The schedule for this full-time opportunity is Monday Friday, 8:00 am 4:30 pm. On average, there are seven (7) on-call days (evenings/weekends) with weekend telephone triage.
The physician provides primary medical care to participants, including assessment, development of a plan of care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, provision of direct participant medical care, and evaluation of effectiveness of the plan of care; functions in a collegial relationship with the other health care professionals, making independent decisions regarding medical needs and health regimens; carries out medical procedures as indicated.
Essential functions of this opportunity include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Know, understand, incorporate, and demonstrate the Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Behaviors of Trinity Health and Trinity Health PACE (TH PACE) in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Consistently demonstrate (leads by example) TH PACE Values to all internal and external customers (participants, visitors, volunteers, and colleagues.) Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, propagating a calm environment throughout the office.
- Execute assignments in a culture that is shared and collaborative across all divisions within TH PACE.
- Reflects the skills knowledge and abilities serving in the role of a leader. Define and share a strategy and vision; align resources toward achievement of organization results; grow and sustain the organization; identify, lead, and embrace change.
- Establish and/or maintain as a member of the leadership team a plan to achieve operating goals.
Requirements for this opportunity include the following:
- Doctorate Degree (includes PhDs): MD or DO.
- Current and active plenary physician license to practice in the state of Massachusetts required.
- CDS Certification and DEA Registration required.
- Current BLS required.
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine required.
- Board Certification in Geriatrics preferred.
- A minimum of one (1) year working with the frail or elderly population required.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced physician to join an exceptional PACE program!
Mercy LIFE of Massachusetts offers a competitive compensation and benefits plan.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Mercy LIFE is a new health care choice for seniors living in Western Massachusetts. Mercy LIFE is a Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), tightly coordinated care and support designed to help seniors continue to live safely at home and avoid moving into a nursing home. Mercy LIFE is part of the Sisters of Providence Health System, which has a rich history of providing innovative health and social services to Western Massachusetts communities for more than 140 years, when the first Sisters of Providence began meeting the medical, social and educational needs of individuals and families in the greater Holyoke area.
Trinity Health PACE is the largest provider of PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) services in the country with 13 PACE Organizations operating in nine states. PACE is designed to provide the entire continuum of care and services to frail seniors, helping them to maintain their independence in their home and community for as long as possible.
Trinity Health PACE organizations are nationally recognized providing comprehensive medical, health, recreational, and social services designed specifically for each participant in an effort to promote independence at home.
To receive PACE services individuals must meet the following conditions:
- Be at least 55 years old
- Live is the PACE service area
- Be able to live safely in the community with assistance
- Meet the state's nursing facility level of care
Trinity Health PACE is a member of Trinity Health, the second largest Catholic Health System in the nation. Trinity Health is based in Livonia, Michigan.
Springfield, Massachusetts is centrally located and is only a 30 minute drive from Hartford, CT and Northampton, MA, 90 minutes from Boston and 2.5 hours from New York City. The 20 minute drive to Bradley International Airport affords Springfield residents the opportunity to travel the world.
Springfield has ample green space (including the 735 acre Forest Park), offers high-quality educational opportunities, and is home to a wonderful museum group and a first-rate resident Symphony Orchestra, as well as many other amenities, and arts & entertainment venues. This vibrant and diverse city of 150,000 offers wonderful restaurants featuring authentic international cuisine. More than 40 languages are spoken by Springfield residents, giving the city a truly international flavor.
ABOUT TRINITY HEALTH
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. We serve people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with more than 90 hospitals and 100 continuing care facilities including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities and programs that provide nearly two and a half million visits annually. Trinity Health employs more than 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800 employed physicians and clinicians.
Our mission: We, Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities. We support this mission by living our core values of Reverence, Commitment to Those Who are Poor, Justice, Stewardship, and Integrity. Committed to recruiting talented physicians, we are looking for physicians who share our values and want to help us fulfill the health care needs of the communities we serve.