Ochsner Health is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Hematologist Oncologist in Covington, Louisiana, to join its expanding, multi- specialty group practice. The St. Tammany Cancer Center A Campus of Ochsner Medical Center is one of the new Ochsner MD Anderson locations bringing innovation to the fight against cancer to the Northshore community. Located on the campus of Ochsner Health Center Covington and near St. Tammany Parish Hospital, the cancer center provides patients with convenient access to world-class cancer care.
Ochsner MD Anderson Cancer Center is one of only seven MD Anderson Cancer Center partners in the country and the only one in Louisiana. It joins a collaborative network of hospitals and health care systems dedicated to advancing MD Anderson s mission to improve the quality and accessibility of cancer care and research. As such, Ochsner MD Anderson patients in southeastern Louisiana receive care based on the same protocols and practice standards provided at MD Anderson in Houston, Texas, and benefit from integration with its clinicians and researchers. Ochsner MD Anderson experts adhere to the philosophy, process and guidelines of MD Anderson s clinical leadership, and they provide a full range of multidisciplinary care options, including medical oncology, surgery and radiation.
Ochsner Health is an integrated healthcare system with more than 36,000 employees and over 4,600 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties. It operates 47 hospitals and more than 370 health and urgent care centers across Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and the Gulf South. This position is located in Covington, LA
Details of the Position:
- St. Tammany Cancer Center, a Campus of Ochsner Medical Center offering chemotherapy infusion and radiation oncology services as well as advanced imaging and integrative oncology services and other support services.
- Sub specialty and multi-disciplinary approach to patient care
- Weekly call rotation shared with the physicians in the region
- Hospital consultant practice
- Support available from specialists throughout the Ochsner Health System
- Research and teaching opportunities available
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the Ochsner Health System
- Tort reform state
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Paid vacation, holidays and CME
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Additional benefit options focused on physical, financial, social and mental health
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
- Relocation assistance
- Malpractice and tail insurance
About Ochsner Health:
- Flexible schedules to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Integrated health care delivery model with multi-specialty collaboration, large internal referral network and innovative resources dedicated to improving patient care and your ease of practice.
- Physician-led organization that ensures our providers are given the tools and support needed to care for patients.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, physician leadership and community service.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the health system to enhance flexibility in patient management.
- Our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is demonstrated by hiring a workforce that celebrates individual uniqueness among people and cultures. We focus our efforts in key areas that correlate back to our core values of Patient First, Compassion, Integrity, Inclusivity, Excellence and Teamwork.
About St. Tammany Health System:
St. Tammany Health System is the heartbeat of its community, caring for patients and families with excellence, compassion and teamwork. The system will strengthen the health of its community with compassion, innovation and partnership. The mission and vision are achieved through inpatient, outpatient and supportive services districtwide. St. Tammany Health System is recognized for quality, safety and patient experience by Healthgrades, Hospital Compare, Leapfrog, Quantros/CareChex, Women s Choice and US News & World Report. St. Tammany Health System is an independent service district delivering world-class health care close to home to best serve patients and families in west St. Tammany and surrounding areas. St. Tammany Health System is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. In addition, the Women s Pavilion is recognized by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) and deemed a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
Self-supporting, not-for-profit STHS receives no tax funding.
About the Partnership
St. Tammany Health System and Ochsner Health work together in partnership to improve our community s health and quality of life, today and for the future. Together, west St. Tammany s two top two independent health leaders represent the most complete system of care, aligning behind the common goals of improving access, expanding specialty care and making care affordable. Under their agreement, each retains its autonomy; neither manages nor owns the other.
The Northshore region, near Mandeville, Slidell and Covington, LA is located north of Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans. Just 30 miles from New Orleans the Northshore region offers a family oriented low cost of living location with easy access to all the amenities of a city. Known for its many recreational programs for both adults and kids, excellent parks, frequent festivals and community events throughout the year, the Northshore has continued to attract residents to the growing area. Additionally, St Tammany Parish is ranked #1 for its outstanding, award-winning public school system
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.