Job Description & Requirements
General Urology Physician
The University of Michigan Department of Urology is seeking a qualified urologist to join its Division of Andrology, General, and Community Urology. The selected candidate will have a clinical focus in General Urology and provide clinical care in Ann Arbor in southeastern Michigan. This Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor appointment is on the University of Michigan Medical School Clinical Track. The selected candidate is planned to have 4.5 days of clinical activity per week consisting of clinic and OR. There will be .5 days per week for patient follow-up, research/scholarship, and professional/academic development. A portion of the activities will involve the education of medical students, residents, fellows, and other allied health personnel within Urology and other departments.
The selected candidate must be Board Certified or Board Eligible and will have completed a urology residency, must be an M.D. or D.O., and hold or have the ability to obtain the appropriate medical licenses in the State of Michigan. Evidence of clinical competence is expected.Opportunity Highlights
- Strong Mentorship helps new residents to thrive
- Excellent quality of life - Enjoy a better work-life balance with a favorable call schedule
- Join one of the most prestigious academic departments in the country and reap the rewards of being part of a top-tier team
- Work with confidence and ease thanks to state-of-the-art equipment and dedicated support staff
- Enjoy generous academic benefits, retirement plans, and paid time off (PTO)
- The University of Michigan is the No. 25 Best College in the Nation (U.S. News)
Nestled in the heart of southeastern Michigan, Ann Arbor offers a harmonious blend of vibrant city life and small-town charm, making it the perfect destination for professionals seeking a thriving community. As the home to the world-renowned University of Michigan, Ann Arbor boasts an exceptional educational atmosphere, fostering a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity. The city's dynamic art scene, diverse culinary offerings, and extensive parks and recreation facilities ensure there's always something to explore and enjoy. Furthermore, the city's strong commitment to sustainability and progressive values creates an inclusive, welcoming environment for individuals from all walks of life. Discover Ann Arbor, where you'll find a perfect balance of work, life, and endless possibilities.\n\n
- Ann Arbor is ranked the No. 14 Best Place to Live and the No. 8 Best Place to Retire (U.S. News)
- Ranked an overall grade of A+ and the No. 2 city with the best public schools in America (Niche)
- No. 1 Best College Town & City in America, and No. 1 Most Educated City in America (WalletHub 2022)
- One of the best places to live in America (Livability 2022)
- The city values family life, life-long education, healthy living, and the arts
- Outdoor lifestyle easy access to many recreational activities such as kayaking, fishing, canoeing on the Huron River, skiing, biking, golfing, and more
\nThe University of Michigan is a non-discriminatory Affirmative Action Employer and strongly encourages minorities and females to apply.
#LI-MHA Facility Location
Home to the world-renowned University of Michigan, Ann Arbor boasts a colorful arts and entertainment scene as well as a diverse mix of restaurants, shopping and recreational activities. Explore the traditional buildings in the Kerrytown Historic District or grab a bite to eat on bustling Main Street. From sprawling golf courses and parks to unique galleries, you ll find there is always something to do in the charming city of Ann Arbor.Job BenefitsAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Urology, Urologist, Urology Doctor, Urology Physician, Physician Urology, Doctor Urology,