- Provide an extra layer of support to patients with serious illness
- Consultations: inpatient, embedded supportive oncology clinic, free standing outpatient clinic, and post-acute facilities (LTACH/Rehab/SNF).
- Provide medical care related to symptom management.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team to develop a written plan of care.
- Develop and facilitates goals of care conversations for patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Actively participates in process improvement related to system and department goals.
- Participate in specialty team meetings.
- Serve as collaborating physician to advanced practice providers
- Staff inpatient hospital and outpatient clinic with advance practice providers and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- EPIC electronic health record system at all Ochsner facilities.
Additional Clinical/administrative opportunities:
- Teaching/mentoring of students, residents, and multispecialty fellows
- Director of quality improvement
- Director of clinical research
- Leadership/associate program director of palliative medicine and supportive care fellowship
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Paid vacation, holidays and CME
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Additional benefit options focused on physical, financial, social and mental health
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
- Relocation assistance
- Malpractice and tail insurance
Why Choose Ochsner Health:
- Flexible schedules to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Integrated health care delivery model with multi-specialty collaboration, large internal referral network and innovative resources dedicated to improving patient care and your ease of practice.
- Physician-led organization that ensures our providers are given the tools and support needed to care for patients.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, physician leadership and community service.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the health system to enhance flexibility in patient management.
- Our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is demonstrated by hiring a workforce that celebrates individual uniqueness among people and cultures. We focus our efforts in key areas that correlate back to our core values of Patient First, Compassion, Integrity, Inclusivity, Excellence and Teamwork.