The Department of Neurology at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) and School of Medicine is seeking exceptional neurologists to join our world class health system. We have opportunities in academic comprehensive general neurology, subspecialty neurology and outpatient community neurology. Must have an MD or equivalent, be board eligible with intent to become board certified within two years or board certified in Neurology with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license. H1B visa sponsorship available.
- Become part of our 85 faculty with expertise in all clinical specialties.
- Dedicated clinical/administrative support
- Excellent work/life balance
- No weekend or night calls
- Supported by physician extenders
- Collegial environment
What we Offer
- Sign-on bonus
- Relocation up to $10K
- Competitive rank and base salary commensurate with experience and an outstanding benefit package
- 20 working days PTO (4 weeks)
- 10 working days of CME allowance
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine faculty appointment commensurate with experience
- Research through University of Pittsburgh
- H1B visa sponsorship
About The Department of Neurology and UPMC
- Key areas of excellence in the Department of Neurology include the UPMC Stroke Institute; the UPMC Headache Center; the Alzheimer s Disease Research Center (ADRC); the Pittsburgh Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases (PIND); the American Parkinson Disease Association Advanced Center for Parkinson s Research; the Pittsburgh Institute for Multiple Sclerosis Care and Research; and the UPMC Comprehensive Epilepsy Center of Excellence.
- The Department of Neurology provides unparalleled educational experiences for medical students, residents, and fellows focused on Epilepsy, Headache, Neuro-Oncology, Neuro-Critical Care, Women s Neurology, Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke, Neuro-endovascular, Clinical Neurophysiology, and Movement Disorders.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer
- Based in Pittsburgh, PA
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About the Community
- Pittsburgh leaped to No. 26 on U.S. News and World Report s list of the Best Places to Live in the U.S. for 2022. It was also named the sixth-best U.S. city to live based on affordability.
- Very reasonable cost of living
- Mid-size city with all the amenities of a large city and a friendly, community vibe
- Known as the City of Bridges, with 446 bridges, it has more than any city in the country
- Hit the Great Allegheny Passage, a 334-mile, car-free trail for hikers, runners and cyclists
- Unmatched sports culture
- Abundant with parks, museums, music, universities and much more!
Interested candidates should send their CV to Lori Leo, email@example.com
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life because we believe that you re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.