UPMC Altoona, PA is seeking a Board certified or board eligible internal medicine or family medicine physicians seeking a stable, yet dynamic hospital medicine career opportunity!
- Work with a team of 22 physicians and 16 APPs
- Work schedule is 7 days on, 7 days off, 12-hour shifts, with nights covered by nocturnists
- Each physician starting census averages 16-18 adult inpatients per day
- Intensivist Service covers ICU
- No OB or peds. No procedures. Code response covered by residents.
- Breadth and depth of sub-specialists readily available for consults
About Our Health System
UPMC Altoona (part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center hospital network) is a 400-bed regional healthcare provider serving central Pennsylvania. The hospital hosts a level II trauma center, regional oncology center, and a Joint Commission certified primary stroke center. Signature services include comprehensive cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, bariatric and robotic surgery, behavioral health, maternity and wound care. The medical staff is composed of approximately 400 primary care physicians and specialists.
About Our Community
Altoona is a small city surrounded by mountains in central Pennsylvania, with easy access to 5 major metro areas offering a friendly and uncomplicated lifestyle filled with cultural and recreational opportunities. Hiking, biking, paddling, fishing and skiing are popular at nearby state parks, resorts and rail trails. Big10 sports, national touring performing artists and an active social scene are among the highlights of neighboring State College, home to Penn State s University Park campus.
- UPMC Altoona, PA
- UPMC Bedford, PA (for emergency coverage only)
- Licensure, Certifications and Clearances:
- ABIM/AOBIM/ABFM Board Certification
- BLS, ACLS Certified
- Must qualify for a medical license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Act 33, 34, 73