Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center is seeking a full-time Neurologist (Stroke Specialist) to join our dynamic team in Houston, TX. The Neurologist (Stroke Specialist) will facilitate the delivery of care expected from a stroke subspecialist and a general Neurologist. The Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center also supports a Stroke/Vascular Neurology Fellowship Program with Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) and the Neurologist (Stroke Specialist) will participate in the education of PA students, NPs, Fellows, Residents, and Medical Students.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (*If no qualified U.S. Citizen is found, will consider non- citizen candidates*)
- Full and unrestricted license from any U.S. State
- Board certified or eligible (preferred)
- Completion of a fellowship in Neuro Critical Care or Stroke. (preferred)
- Starting salary of $260-$290k
- Relocation/Recruitment Incentive
- Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP)- Assistance with payment of outstanding medical school loans up to $200K over 5 years (max), if approved
- CME: $1,000 per year stipend for reimbursement; 5 Days paid CME absence
- Malpractice: Liability protection
- 50-55 days of annual paid time offer per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 11 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)
- Federal Retirement Plan
- Separate 401K with partial agency match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Houston, TX, is a beautiful place to live and work. Houston is famous for its role in space exploration, as it is home to NASA. It is also known for its diverse and vibrant culture, which is reflected in its culinary scene, museums, and green spaces. Houston has a reputation for being an entertainment hub, with events like the rodeo, live concerts, and sports games. Galveston is a short drive from Houston where you can enjoy the beach, trails, and fishing spots.