Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (GHN) | Texas Children s Hospital Austin, TX
Texas Children s Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine Austin, Texas seeks an experienced physician with a proven clinical track records and leadership experience to serve as the Medical Director, Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition in Austin.
The Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (GHN) at Texas Children s Hospital in Austin, Texas is seeking an exceptional provider to serve as Medical Director, for a newly formed Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition at TCH, Austin. This position is within the highly respected Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (GHN) and Department of Pediatrics in the Baylor College of Medicine.
Set to open in early 2024, our new state of the art full-service hospital in Austin will increase access to quality healthcare for children and women across central Texas. Join the Texas Children s team expanding our standard of care for families across the state. This position is a rare opportunity to participate in the start, growth and expansion of a BRAND-NEW medical facility and campus aimed to serve the growing population of Austin Texas. This is a unique opportunity to build something from the ground up with the support and resources of the #2 USNWR Children s Hospital.
Join our nationally recognized team of pediatric specialists as we seek to hire a full-time Medical Director, Gastroenterology at our new Austin, Texas location:
- Primarily clinically oriented position with leadership responsibilities as Medical Director, Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (GHN) in Austin.
- Lead four faculty in the development of a new clinical program.
- Assist in the opening and growth of the hospital.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, ready to step in, build and develop innovative programming.
- Full scope of gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition, both in an outpatient/ambulatory setting and as a consultant in the inpatient setting.
- This provider will be comfortable practicing autonomously; with the collaboration and support of 3 other full-time physicians within the division and the comprehensive expertise of TCH campuses in Katy, the Texas Medical Center and The Woodlands.
- Extensive experience with general pediatric gastrointestinal procedures (e.g., upper endoscopy and colonoscopy with related interventions) and additional experience in the interventional gastrointestinal procedures (including but not limited to management of gastrointestinal hemorrhage.
- Candidates with 7 plus years of clinical experience in Clinical Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition and at least 3 years of leadership experience are encouraged to apply.
- The ideal candidate will have a pioneer-like spirit that is flexible and comfortable with the challenges of starting and ramping up a new program and facility.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have completed an ACGME-approved fellowship.
- Applicants with significant GI procedural experience will be given priority.
- The selected candidate for the position must be eligible to obtain or already hold an active Texas medical
About Texas Children s Hospital:
Texas Children s Hospital, a not-for-profit health care organization, is committed to creating a healthier future for children and women throughout the global community by leading in patient care, education, and
research. Consistently ranked as the best children s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation,
Texas Children s has garnered widespread recognition for its expertise and breakthroughs in pediatric and women s health. The hospital includes the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute; the Feigin Tower for pediatric research; Texas Children s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children s Hospital the Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children s care for communities north of Houston. The organization also created Texas Children s Health Plan, the nation s first HMO for children; has the largest pediatric primary care network in the country, Texas Children s Pediatrics; Texas Children s Urgent Care clinics that specialize in after-hours care tailored specifically for children; and a global health program that s channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children s Hospital is affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine.
Texas Children s Hospital is the largest pediatric hospital in the nation, administering primary, specialty, urgent, and emergency medical care in more than 40 pediatric subspecialties. Professionals throughout the world refer many of their most challenging patients to Texas Children s, creating a rich and unique learning environment for our teams. Our physicians use cutting-edge methodologies and access state of the art resources to deliver quality care to Texas Children s patients. Texas Children s Pediatrics now operates 18 pediatric practices in the greater Austin area, along with Texas Children s Specialty Care on N. Mopac Expressway and Texas Children s Urgent Care Westgate on S. Lamar Blvd. Spring 2024 will mark the opening of Texas Children s Hospital North Austin Campus, which will offer pediatric care and women s health services all in one convenient location.
Our community includes research associates, scientists, doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, graduate students, fundraising specialists, marketing professionals, volunteers, and an extensive support staff. We are united by our desire to find cures, save lives, and transform the future of our patients.
Texas Children s Hospital continues to be a leader in innovation and patient centered care. We are committed to its tradition of exceptional care for patients, support to families, and communities alike.
The Texas Children s Environment:
Physicians at Texas Children s have the unique benefit of being a part of our award-winning Texas Children s team, while being employed by our academic partner, Baylor College of Medicine, one of the most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. Our longstanding partnership with Baylor allows our physicians to feel insurmountable support, as well as endless opportunities for research and continued education. Baylor College of Medicine currently ranks #9 in Pediatric Programs and #21 in Research Intensive Medical Schools. Recognizing the value in diverse perspectives, we have programs that leverage engagement by bringing our professional community together. Additionally, we want our Physicians and supporting employees to enjoy all aspects of their professional and personal lives. Our group offers great benefit programs that further support our dedication to work-life balance of our employees.