Join the MedStar Health Palliative Care Team in Washington DC-Maryland!
MedStar Health offers a uniquely rewarding career in a major marketplace. Apply to learn more of the opportunities today!!
Shape your future in health care in the kind of setting that is right for you and your practice. Become part of an organization that welcomes your experience, input, and leadership as a clinician and healthcare expert. MedStar Health Washington DC-Maryland, is currently recruiting Board Certified/Eligible Palliative Care Physicians.
- Palliative Care, Medical Director Physician - Franklin Square, Baltimore, MD
- Palliative Care, Physician - Union Memorial, Baltimore, MD
The interdisciplinary palliative team includes physician, nursing, social work and pharmacy disciplines as well as volunteers. For each consultation, we partner closely with other members of the patient care team to provide an integrative and individualized approach to every person s care plan.
Our service is available to all adult patients admitted to MedStar Health. A consult is typically initiated by the primary medical team for a patient, but can be suggested by nursing, patients, families, or other staff members. Our services include:
- Expert pain and symptom management
- Guidance navigating difficult and complex treatment decisions
- Advance Care Planning
- Emotional and spiritual support for you and your family
- Assistance coordinating transitions of care
- Communication about what to expect during serious illness and resources to support patients and families in multiple care settings
As a MedStar Health clinician, you can expect:
- An extremely competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Paid time off
- CME allowance
- Retirement plan 403-B with % employer match
Be a part of a nationally recognized health system and the largest provider of health services in the Baltimore/Washington region. With our vast resources and capabilities at your disposal, you can expand your clinical expertise. Enjoy a rich career and a quality of life unique to the mid-Atlantic region, which features a mix of urban, suburban, and rural communities.