Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center is seeking a full-time BC/BE Anesthesiologist to join our team in Reading, PA. You ll join an outstanding team at our 204-bed state-of-the-art hospital and health campus. This is an excellent opportunity for an anesthesiologist to enjoy a high-quality of life while providing care within a community of approximately 400,000.
- Call is 1:3-4, with post call day off, guaranteed
- Required to work independently as well as supervise others (supervising 99% of cases)
- 6,000 OR cases annually, 700+ deliveries annually (50% epidural rate), approximately 100 hearts annually
- Surgeries include: orthopedics, obgyn, urology, neurosurgery (95% spine cases), cardiology (TAVR, watchman, ASD/PFO), very few peds
Benefits and Compensation
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Relocation Assistance
- CME allowance and time
- Vacation time, Paid Parental and Medical Leave
What we re seeking
- MD, DO or foreign equivalent
- BC/BE Anesthesia with completion of a Cardiothoracic Anesthesia fellowship or TEE Certification
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania
- Must be able to obtain valid federal and state narcotics certificates
- Excellent public schools with many ranking in the top 20% in the state.
- Central PA offers vibrant urban areas surrounded by small town rural/suburban communities which affords exceptional cultural opportunities including the Harrisburg Symphony, museums, farmers markets and fine dining.
- For the outdoor enthusiast, we have ample opportunities for hiking - Appalachian Trail and many other trails, biking, boating/rowing - Susquehanna River, skiing, and hunting - surrounded by state game lands.
- Located within a 2-hour drive to weekend destinations such as the Poconos, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Annapolis, and Baltimore and only a 3-hour drive from New York City and the eastern shore.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.