Advocate Health has a fantastic opportunity for anesthesiologists to come practice at a Level II community hospital in Chicago's northwest suburbs. Advocate Sherman Hospital in Elgin Illinois has provided care to the community for over 134 years. You will be part of a team of dynamic clinicians dedicated to our patients and focused on exceptional outcomes.
Education, training and experience required:
- Completion of an anesthesiology residency from an accredited program
- Broad skill set in all areas of general anesthesia
- Compassionate and patient focused, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Advocate Sherman Hospital is a 255-bed Level II acute care community hospital providing care to Chicago's northwest suburbs
- Diverse patient population and excellent case mix that includes robust OB service, general and vascular surgery, ortho, ENT, GYN, plastics, trauma, etc.
- Care team model providing medical direction to CRNAs with opportunity to do some of your own cases
- Call: 4/month, 1 weekend/month
- Post call days off (60 annually)
- The hospital performs more than 13,000 surgeries each year with over 2,300 deliveries
What Advocate Health offers:
- Integrated, supportive, physician-led organization
- Patient-centered environment focused on providing quality health care
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- 43 PTO/CME days annually
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Elgin, Illinois
Elgin offers exceptional opportunities that include cultural arts, entertainment and recreation that are unmatched by surrounding suburbs. Located 38 miles northwest of Chicago and home to over 112,000 people, we are proud of our diversity and culture. The growing city has ready access to public transportation, diverse housing stock and a mix of commercial establishments. Residents and visitors enjoy a thriving cultural arts community, world-class parks, historical museums and over 100 places of worship.
Elgin has three different golf courses, dozens of parks, sports leagues, and biking trails to choose from. It also has its own zoo and museums that are open to the public. The Fox River Bike Trail offer more than 40 miles of guaranteed fun. It runs beside the scenic Fox River in Northern Illinois alongside historic railroad lines, crossing six bridges, and passing through nature preserves and charming towns.
Consider planting your roots in one of the nearby communities like South Barrington, St. Charles or Geneva. All of these communities are just a short drive from the hospital.