Discover the limitless beauty of the Sunshine State! Join Lakeland Regional Health s expert team as an Obstetrics/Gynecology Medical Director and contribute to our tradition of providing patient-centered care in beautiful Lakeland, Florida! At Lakeland Regional Health, we foster an environment of collaboration, inspiration, and respect.
- Monday-Friday Clinic with Attractive Hospital Call Rotation
- Involvement in the GME residency program
- Supported by OB Hospitalists
- Large employed physician group comprised of over 275 providers in over 25 specialties
- Guaranteed Base Salary + Opportunity for Production Incentives
- Carol Jenkins Barnett Pavilion for Women & Children (Opened June 2018)
- 4,000 deliveries in 2022!
- Maternal Fetal Medicine Care
- Gynecologic Oncology & Urogynecology
- Level III NICU
- A Level III maternal care verified facility
- Da Vinci Robotics
- No State Income Tax
- 0.15 admin, 0.15 GME, and 0.7 clinical FTE
- Preference experienced physician leader who has worked at an academic or large community institution or who has led an Ob/GYN group in the past and/or run quality improvement initiatives in the past
- Past electronic medical record system experience required, with preferred experience with Epic
- Some job duties
- Reports and supports Executive Medical Director in driving improvement for clinical and operational workflows
- Acts as a liaison between OB/GYN Program Director to help build the OB/GYN residency program
- Serves as a leader/mentor for physicians
- Serves as a leader/mentor for LRH OB/GYN APPs
- Works to develop best practice protocols and workflows in the clinical arena
- Works with the practice manager and administration to build the best operational workflows to improve patient access and experience
- Provides leadership in CME
- Serves as liaison for improving continuity of care between inpatient and outpatient arms of LRH OB/GYN
- Serves as a physician leader voice in Women and Children s service line
- Works with the practice manager and administration to improve billing/coding efficiency and accuracy
- Strategizes with administrative leadership to develop goals for growth, physician retainment, and physician recruitment
- Collaborates with the Residency Program leadership to ensure appropriate allocation of resources, including space and faculty time, to support clinical and didactic education for all rotating residents and other learners
- Incorporates the needs of the residents and students in practice protocols, workflows, and quality improvement initiatives in collaboration with the Residency Program leadership.
LRH offers comprehensive benefits including 403B, Medical Insurance, Paid Time Off, CME Allowance, CME Days, and Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage.
COMMUNITY: Lakeland is a vibrant community conveniently located between Tampa and Orlando and was ranked #1 in Business Insider s Top 10 Cities to Buy a House . Explore the diverse exhibitions at the Polk Museum of Art, and stroll around any one of our breathtaking lakeside trails, parks, and nature preserves. With just a short drive, you can enjoy Clearwater Beach, named the #1 Beach in America by Trip Advisor or have a blast at any one of Florida s world-renowned theme parks and attractions. There are over 150 schools in Polk County, including over 40 private school options, 6 Florida Arts schools, and nationally recognized workforce academies. Visit the LAL Today website to learn more about all that Lakeland has to offer.
ABOUT US: For over 100 years, not-for-profit Lakeland Regional Health has provided exceptional inpatient and outpatient healthcare in over 25 specialties. LRH has achieved multiple workplace awards from highly reputable names including Aetna, Forbes, and the Florida Hospital Association. Our 864-bed main campus operates a Level II Trauma Center, a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, the Bannasch Institute for Advanced Rehabilitation Medicine, and is home to one of the nation s busiest single site Emergency Department. We continue to grow as seen in our Carol Jenkins Barnett Pavilion for Women and Children and Harrell Family Center for Behavioral Wellness.
LRH is proud to collaborate with Nemours Children s Health System. Visit our website to learn more about our incredible culture and how we place people at the center of all we do.
Qualifications: Must be board certified/board eligible through ABMS or AOA. Must have a current Florida medical license or the ability to obtain one.
Live Where You Vacation!