The New Orleans VA Medical Center is looking for a full-time Gastroenterologist. We are looking for someone with general gastroenterology training and experience; new fellowship graduates will also be considered. Gastroenterologists will be able to evaluate and manage general GI complaints, and manage diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, pancreatic disease, chronic liver disease and IBD among others; as well as perform general endoscopic procedures such as colonoscopy, upper endoscopy, PEG tube insertion, dilation, variceal banding. In addition, the Gastroenterologist s duties may include teaching GI fellows in clinic, in the GI lab during procedures and on inpatient wards on teaching rounds and on call as well as delivering 1-2 didactic lectures per year to Tulane GI fellows.
Work Schedule: Monday Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
- Full and unrestricted license from any state or US territory
- Experience in dealing with acute medical issues and patients in the critical care unit
- Strong administrative and interpersonal skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (if no qualified U.S. Citizens are found, will consider non-citizen candidates)
- Competitive Pay
- Relocation/Recruitment Incentive
- Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) Assistance with payment of outstanding medical school loans up to $200K over 5 years, if approved.
- CME: $1,000 per year stiped for reimbursement; 5 Days paid CME absence
- Malpractice: Liability protection
- 50-55 days of annual paid time off per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 11 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)
- Federal Retirement Plan
- Separate 401k with partial agency match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness after 10 years of service
- Up to 12 weeks of paid maternity/paternity leave
New Orleans is a one-of-a-kind destination in the United States that is notoriously known for its delectable Creole and Cajun cuisines, jazz music, brass bands, and historic architecture. Whether you re an art aficionado, history buff, or just looking to experience the true essence and magic of the city s rich history and culture, there is truly something for everyone in The Big Easy!
Laissez les Bon Temps Rouler ( Let the Good Times Roll ) at the New Orleans VA! #WorkAtVA