Discover the limitless beauty of the Sunshine State! Join Lakeland Regional Health s expert team as a Medical Director of Clinical Informatics and contribute to our tradition of providing patient-centered, care in beautiful Lakeland, Florida! At Lakeland Regional Health, we foster an environment of collaboration, inspiration, and respect.
The Medical Director of Lakeland Regional Health Physician Group (LRHPG) Informatics is a physician that promotes the Epic EHR optimization and effective use to LRHPG clinicians and administrators.
- Large Employed Physicians Group comprised of 270+ Providers in over 40 specialties
- Recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
- Work-Life Balance is strongly emphasized in our culture
- No State Income Tax
- Serves as liaison between LRHPG administration, clinicians, project governance, executive sponsors, and the Epic team for optimization, upgrades, and management of Key Performance Indicators.
- The Physician will perform 60% clinical duties and 40% administrative duties
- Leads LRHPG provider-focused committees regarding the Epic EHR
- Develops and chairs clinician committees tasked with reviewing and approving clinical content and developing new content and decision support to promote quality initiatives involving the Epic EHR.
- Serves in an ongoing role to help determine which new features to install and to help define strategic clinical priorities for continuous improvement for LRHPG
- Serves as an advisor, providing organizational knowledge and clinical subject matter expert to guide the project team in appropriate decision-making with the best interest of the LRHPG during pre-work, configuration, testing and training phases
- Provide ongoing, timely review and feedback for clinical content for items such as Best Practice Advisories (BPAs), Automatic Refill Protocols, Nova Notes/Upgrade items, etc.
- Continue to provide steering and guidance to the project team after their applications are live
- For example, being available for clinical questions for ongoing projects from IT, Informatics, other clinical users
- Participates and/or leads in decision-making, testing, and training workflows and content. This includes developing, reviewing and presenting training material.
- Provides ongoing support of physician end users, being available for, providing responses to and escalating end user concerns to the help desk in the appropriate modality (LANDESK) and Physician Steering Committee when appropriate
- Build and maintain physician end user morale by regularly interacting/rounding with end users, fielding concerns, and following up on concerns and issues in a timely fashion.
- Serve as a voice and advocate for other providers
- Support and promote Epic to clinicians and administrators in their respective areas
- Lead the Provider Super User program, including recruiting and engaging super users and Subject Matter Experts
- Lead the Physician Builder Program, recruiting and engaging physician builders as well as facilitating additional trainings.
- Effectively communicate, verbally, written, and during meetings with business leaders in the hospital, clinics, and billing office. Ensure information from project team or decisions made in respective committees are communicated to peers.
- Promote IT systems and represent them positively to the user community
- Continue education in webinars/Epic trainings to improve training and knowledge base for improved efficiency and problem solving
LRH offers comprehensive benefits including 403B, Medical Insurance, Paid Time Off, CME Allowance, CME Days, and Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage.
COMMUNITY: Lakeland is a vibrant community conveniently located between Tampa and Orlando and was ranked #1 in Business Insider s Top 10 Cities to Buy a House . Explore the diverse exhibitions at the Polk Museum of Art, stroll around any one of our breathtaking lakeside trails, parks and nature preserves. With just a short drive, you can enjoy Clearwater Beach, named the #1 Beach in America by Trip Advisor or have a blast at any one of Florida s world-renowned theme parks and attractions. There are over 150 schools in Polk County, including over 40 private school options, 6 Florida Arts schools, and nationally recognized workforce academies. Visit the LAL Today website to learn more about all that Lakeland has to offer.
ABOUT US: For over 100 years, not-for-profit Lakeland Regional Health has provided exceptional inpatient and outpatient healthcare in over 25 specialties. LRH has achieved multiple workplace awards from highly reputable names including Aetna, Forbes and the Florida Hospital Association. Our 892-bed main campus operates a Level II Trauma Center, a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, the Bannasch Institute for Advanced Rehabilitation Medicine, and is home to the nation s busiest single site Emergency Department. We continue to grow as seen in our Carol Jenkins Barnett Pavilion for Women and Children and Harrell Family Center for Behavioral Health and Wellness.
LRH is proud to collaborate with Nemours Children s Health System. Visit our website to learn more about our incredible culture and how we place people at the center of all we do.
Qualifications: Must be board certified/board eligible through ABMS or AOA. Must have current Florida medical license or ability to obtain one.
Live Where You Vacation!