MaineGeneral is seeking a comprehensive board eligible/board certified ophthalmologists to join our eye center in Central Maine. The practice is made up of 3 other hospital employed ophthalmologists and a community general ophthalmologist providing latest in high-tech surgical eye procedures often found in larger hospitals, including laser eye surgery, eyelid plastic surgery, tear duct surgery and cataract implant surgery for both adults and children. The desired candidates will be highly trained cataract surgeons who could also have specialty training in either glaucoma or cornea to develop their subspecialties. A large catchment area will ensure an immediate and busy practice.
Why choose to work at MaineGeneral?
- 4.5 clinical days per week
- A very manageable 1:5 call schedule
- Highly competitive base salary with a robust RVU bonus structure
- Generous Paid time off, with additional CME time
- Substantial Educational Loan Repayment benefit
- H1b Sponsorship
- Cultural attractions, including art museums and live theater and music
- Located within a short distance of ski resorts, lakes and rivers, award-winning golf courses, abundant hiking trails, and the beautiful, rugged Maine coast, close to Portland, Maine s largest city, and less than a three-hour drive from Boston
- Many prestigious awards and recognitions such as:
- 2023 Women s Choice Awards America's 100 Best Hospitals for Patient Experience
- Leapfrog Group A grade for Spring 2022 and Fall 2022
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award for 2022
- Newsweek World s Best Hospitals awards list 2022, including a special designation for infection prevention
- Forbes Best-in-State Employer 2022