Job Description & RequirementsStart Date:9/19/2023Job Type:Perm
The University of New Mexico (UNM), the state’s only academic medical center and level I trauma center, seeks an Infectious Diseases Physician. This role is an excellent opportunity to be a clinical educator, help grow the fellowship program, and work with an underserved community. UNM is ranked third in the nation for its rural medicine program and is one of the first medical schools in the Country to use problem-based learning.Opportunity Highlights
Community Highlights - Culturally Rich and Naturally Beautiful Metro Area
- Help a growing fellowship program started 4 years ago - Today, it has 5 fellows, and in 2 years may grow to 6 fellows
- An ID/EIS combined Fellowship with CDC and IDSA will start in 2024
- New Mexico has seen Coccidiomycosis, Hantavirus (4 to 5 cases per year), and even plague - very rare cases make the position exciting and challenging
- Diversity of patients includes Native American, Hispanic, and Vietnamese, with new people coming over from all over the country
- UNM is ranked a Best College (US News & World Report)
A vibrant city with scenic surroundings and incredible art and culture, Albuquerque is a beautiful place to live and work. With consistent sunshine throughout the year, accompanied by painted skies and gorgeous mountain views serving as your everyday backdrop, you’ll find yourself basking in an incomparable quality of life.
- Ranked a Best Place to Live in and a Best Place to Retire in the Country (US News)
- Affordable cost of living and excellent housing options
- Home to the top public and private schools in the state
- Endless opportunities for outdoor activities, including golf and hiking, and skiing at multiple nearby mountain resorts
- Access to a local international airport
- Diverse metro area of nearly 1 million people
#LI-MHAAbout The CompanyMerritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.