ApolloMD is currently seeking candidates for the both the position of Ultrasound Director/Emergency Physician as well as an additional Core Faculty/Emergency Physician to join the Department of Emergency Medicine at UNC Health Southeastern in Lumberton, NC. The candidates will be a part of the EM Residency Program with UNC Health Southeastern s Academic Core Faculty. These positions offer the unique opportunity to foster academic interests while maintaining the compensation and clinical skills provided by working in a community-based ED setting.
Both positions will have a University Appointment with Campbell University in Buies Creek, NC. They will direct and coordinate education for all levels of EM residents and medical students at UNC Health Southeastern Emergency Department and will also work clinically. The incoming physician will be teaching and supervising residents and students in direct patient care in the Emergency Department; participate in resident didactics and monthly lectures; attend faculty meetings; and participate in resident mentorship, resident recruitment, research, and faculty development with protected administrative time, and will receive a monthly stipend. The successful candidate will be residency trained and board eligible or board certified in emergency medicine. An ultrasound fellowship is expected for the ultrasound director position. Fellowship experience would be preferred for the core faculty position but is not required. Academic experience preferred, however graduating emergency medicine fellows and residents with a strong interest in teaching are welcome to apply.
1. Annual Patient Volume: 61,000
2. ED Beds: 42
3. Admission Rate: 25%
4. Documentation: EPIC ; Dragon available
5. Physician Daily Coverage: 48 Hours
6. APC Daily Coverage: 36 Hours
1. Lumberton, North Carolina is ideally located on I-95 just 20 minutes north of the SC border.
2. 2 hrs from Raleigh, NC, 2.5 hrs from Charlotte, NC, and 1.5 hrs from coastal Wilmington, NC.
3. Popular beach cities like Myrtle Beach are about 1 hour away.
4. The city is full of history, culture and fun: Hike or bike on the Riverwalk near Historic Downtown, enjoy canoe rides down the Lumber River and enjoy the local festivals and downtown events.
Why Practice with ApolloMD? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsnZefJGcbE
ApolloMD is a physician and APC operated multispecialty practice partnering with top hospitals, teaching facilities and health systems. With ApolloMD, you gain access to a nationwide network of support and security in this ever-changing market while maintaining the autonomy to operate independently. Eligible clinicians enjoy ownership opportunities, leadership training and diverse career paths.