The Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, in collaboration with Newton-Wellesley Hospital, is currently seeking a board-certified or board-eligible medical oncologists/hematologist for a community-based Medical Director opportunity at Newton Wellesley Hospital, located in Newton, MA and the Mass General Cancer Center located in Waltham, MA. Primary role is Classical Hematologist with management of hematologic malignancies.
A record of success in the clinical care of hematology/oncology patients is essential. The incumbent will also join a disease specific multidisciplinary team on the main campus and /or community facilities. Candidates should be caring, compassionate, willing to involve patients and families in the decision-making process, and able to coordinate care with colleagues in various departments. Candidates must also be motivated to work with leadership teams in the community and the main campus.
The role as presently conceived will include, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and guidance to colleagues and hospital staff on Hematology matters
- Develop and maintain relationships with referring clinicians
- Act as liaison for MGH AMS service
- Oversee the Hematology consult triage process
- Lead the Malignant Hematology conference
- Participate in Tissue and Transfusion Committee
- Collaborate on network clinical trial efforts
For interested candidates, appointment as an Instructor, Assistant Professor or Associate Professor, full or part time, at the Harvard Medical School is available and will be commensurate with experience, training and achievements in addition to teaching activities. Suitable candidates will have an MD or an MD-PhD, and Board Certification in Internal Medicine.