The Birmingham, AL VA Medical Center is searching for a BE/BC Family Medicine/Internal Medicine Physician to join their dynamic healthcare team. Physician will work in Women's Health.
- Internal Medicine or Family Practice certification.
- Three years of contiguous experience providing comprehensive primary (including GYN) care for women.
- Three years of experience treating the Veteran population.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Serves as a Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) Primary Care Provider and demonstrates advanced competencies and skills in assessing the physical and psychosocial status of patients.
- Maintains an active role in the assigned multidisciplinary health care team, promotes preventive health measures, and manages the acute and chronic conditions of assigned patients.
- Provides comprehensive assessment, diagnosis work-up, and clinic intervention.
- This includes performing comprehensive patient assessments, incorporating patient health history, performing physical examinations, and conducting patient education. Such care includes both scheduled and unscheduled appointments.
- Provides gender-sensitive and gender-specific care including uncomplicated gynecological, reproductive health, and postmenopausal health concerns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Standard options are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 pm, but other options may be negotiable. Schedule agreed upon may vary based on needs of the service. Some evenings and/or weekends may be required based on the needs of the service.
Sign on bonus is available for this position
Student loan repayment through our Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). Participation is based on funds availability.