40 Hour Work Week – West Texas Charm in El Paso, TX
A partner of the Optum network, WellMed Medical Group, is seeking Internal Medicine and Family Medicine physicians to join one of our clinics in El Paso, Texas. We are currently interviewing Residents and experienced clinicians.
WellMed is a Medicare Advantage Plan that operates as a health system focused on Quality/Value Based Outcomes.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of heath care providers
- Primary Care Clinic, Adult Only
- Patient panel is predominately geriatrics with Medicare Advantage coverage
- Low Patient Volume!
- Physician will typically see less than 14 patients per day
- Admin time is built into the daily schedule
- Support is robust, offering 5 support staff per provider
- Dedicated MA to each physician
- Option to teach Residents (in select markets)
Work Life Balance:
- Schedule is Monday - Friday 8-5 (No weekends)
- Call is minimal, shared with large pod and is PHONE only
- Physician Mentorship Pathway for Growth and Development
- 4 weeks Paid Time Off and clinics are closed for 8 national holidays
- OptumCare Physician Partnership Plan
- Annual Quality Bonus, paid twice a year
- Allowance for Professional Expense Fund
- CME Allowance
- Clinician Well Being Resource Program
- 401k with match, Executive Savings Plan, and UHG Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Comprehensive Benefits from Optum Partner Services
- Sign-on bonus and relocation allowance
- El Paso has consistently been ranked in the top three safest large cities in the United States.
- Beautiful climate, a low cost of living, the amenities of a cosmopolitan city, culinary excellence, access to snow skiing and unsurpassed West Texas views.
- This large growing city is located on the border of Texas and New Mexico.
- Local climate does have all Four seasons, lots of sun and mild winters.
- El Paso offers beautiful desert landscapes and a huge diversity of foliage and wildlife.
- No state income tax, low housing costs, and a strengthening economy add up to a reasonable cost of living.
We also have clinician opportunities in San Antonio, Houston, Corpus Christi, the Rio Grande Valley, El Paso, Austin, Dallas, and Fort Worth.